* Writing papers in foreign languages (toc and image captions)
@ 2010-03-26  1:56 Nurullah Akkaya
From: Nurullah Akkaya @ 2010-03-26  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I am using org-mode to write a paper in Turkish, when I export a pdf,
table of contents header reads "Contents" also images containing
captions has "Figure N" in them. Is it possible to change these words
to their Turkish equivalent?

Thanks...
--
Nurullah Akkaya
http://nakkaya.com

* Re: Writing papers in foreign languages (toc and image captions)
@ 2010-03-26  2:08 ` Torsten Wagner
From: Torsten Wagner @ 2010-03-26  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nurullah Akkaya; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nirullah,

I guess for that you have to use the latex babel package (not mixing up
with org-babel), furthermore, you might have to use inputenc and fontenc
if you get problems with special turkish characters.
All of those you should be able to add to the LATEX header of your org-file
More infos will be here:
http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=babel

Greetings
Torsten

@ 2010-03-26  2:25   ` Nurullah Akkaya
From: Nurullah Akkaya @ 2010-03-26  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Torsten Wagner; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for the tip, adding

    #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage[turkish]{babel}

changed both toc and figure captions to Turkish however,
images containing captions,

   #+CAPTION: Iki sensor yerlesimi.
   [[./img/sensor-yerlesim-2.jpg]]

disappeared, I have following in their place now,

 =10em=10em@default
Sekil1:Iki sensor yerlesimi.

--
Nurullah Akkaya
http://nakkaya.com

@ 2010-03-26  2:55     ` Torsten Wagner
From: Torsten Wagner @ 2010-03-26  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nurullah Akkaya; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nurullah,

nice to hear it is working now

>      #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage[turkish]{babel}
>
> changed both toc and figure captions to Turkish however,
> images containing captions,
>
>     #+CAPTION: Iki sensor yerlesimi.
>     [[./img/sensor-yerlesim-2.jpg]]
>
> disappeared, I have following in their place now,

Hmm that is a bit strange since as far as I know it should not make any
differences to org-mode, or to say precisely, org mode has no idea that
you are going to write in Turkish.

The only thing I could think about is some interference with between
org-mode and babel... however, babel is a very frequently used package
people would now about any problem and probably fixed it already.

Please check the tex-file generated by org-mode with and without
babel-package. This gives you an idea whether it is a org-mode or a
latex problem.

Your workaround might work but cut a bit of the elegance of LaTeX.

Greetings

Torsten

* Re: Writing papers in foreign languages (toc and image captions)
@ 2010-03-26  3:31       ` Nurullah Akkaya
From: Nurullah Akkaya @ 2010-03-26  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-orgmode

Torsten,

Thanks for all the help, It turns out that it is a latex problem,
switching to other languages works such as german french
but turkish causes compile errors.

Nurullah Akkaya
http://nakkaya.com

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 4:55 AM, Torsten Wagner