* Lesson Learned: Day needed for iCalendar export
@ 2010-02-28  2:49 David A. Gershman
From: David A. Gershman @ 2010-02-28  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode List

Hello Everyone,

I ran into this just now and I don't think it's documented anywhere so
here is a tidbit thay may prevent some hair loss:

I get a work calendar of my days off work for holidays.  So I collect
them in my .org file like so:

* Work Holidays
   <2010-05-31>
   <2010-07-05>
   <2010-09-06>
   <2010-11-25>
   { there are more }

When exporting my .ics file I found these dates were not showing up, but
they *were* showing on my .org Agenda view.  Turns out the iCalendar
export needs the *day* also:

* Work Holidays
   <2010-05-31 Mon>
   <2010-07-05 Mon>
   <2010-09-06 Mon>
   <2010-11-25 Thu>

.ics export worked great after that.  Enjoy!

David A. Gershman
gershman@dagertech.net
http://dagertech.net/gershman/
"It's all about the path!" --d. gershman

* Re: Lesson Learned: Day needed for iCalendar export
@ 2010-03-05 22:54 ` Ryan Thompson
From: Ryan Thompson @ 2010-03-05 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David A. Gershman; +Cc: Org-Mode List

Without the day, the timestamp is not valid according to Org, so it
just treats it as normal text, or possibly something else entirely.
The real lesson is no to type timestamps manually. Use C-c <period>.