* Which Emacs on Ubuntu
@ 2010-02-12 20:25 Graham Smith
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Graham Smith @ 2010-02-12 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have had to do a fresh install of Ubuntu 9.10, and on going to
re-install Emacs, I see lots of choices.

As I primarily use Emacs to run Orgmode and I find the list of Emacs
options rather confusing, can anyone here suggest which is the best
option to install.

The key choices seem to be Emacs 22 or 23  with or without GTK.

But there is also just an "emacs" option which is described as an
Emacs 23 meta package.

I realise this may well be an Ubuntu or Emacs question, but as I said
my main use for Emacs is Orgmode, so I think some advice from here may
be useful.

So any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Graham