* bug in exporting checkbox lists
@ 2009-03-20 22:04 Rainer Thiel
From: Rainer Thiel @ 2009-03-20 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I want to report what I think is a bug in the routines for exporting
checkbox lists into LaTeX-related formats (including pdf).

While checkboxes checked in orgmode appear as checked in html and
ascii exports, all boxes are blank (unchecked) in LaTeX and related
export files.  I am appending some files to document the bug.

I seem to remember this feature worked fine some time ago, so I think
that might be a relatively new bug.

It would be appropriate to post a message of praise for Carsten
Dominik every day for this great mode.  What prevents me from doing so
is that 1. this would clutter up the mailing list and 2. I have many
other things to do, many of which orgmode helps me substantially to
cope with.  Warm thanks to Carsten for this great mode!
--
Prof. Dr. Rainer Thiel
Dekan Philosophische Fakultät

[-- Attachment #2: testcheckboxexport.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 257 bytes --]

                    Collegues already called ([2/4])
                    ================================

Author: Rainer Thiel <rainer.thiel@nospam.googlemail.com>
Date: 2009-03-20 22:37:53

  1. [X] Jack
  2. [ ] Nicole
  3. [X] Sharon
  4. [ ] William

[-- Attachment #3: testcheckboxexport.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 68 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #4: testcheckboxexport.org --]

* Collegues already called ([2/4])

  1. [X] Jack
  2. [ ] Nicole
  3. [X] Sharon
  4. [ ] William

[-- Attachment #5: testcheckboxexport.tex --]

[-- Attachment #6: testcheckboxexport.pdf --]

* Re: bug in exporting checkbox lists
@ 2009-03-21  5:28 ` Baoqiu Cui
From: Baoqiu Cui @ 2009-03-21  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rainer Thiel <r.thiel@uni-jena.de> writes:

> I want to report what I think is a bug in the routines for exporting
> checkbox lists into LaTeX-related formats (including pdf).
>
> While checkboxes checked in orgmode appear as checked in html and
> ascii exports, all boxes are blank (unchecked) in LaTeX and related
> export files.  I am appending some files to document the bug.
>
> I seem to remember this feature worked fine some time ago, so I think
> that might be a relatively new bug.

I believe this is caused by a typo in the following line in
org-export-latex.el:

(defcustom org-export-latex-list-parameters
  '(:cbon "\\texttt{[ ]}" :cboff "\\texttt{[ ]}")
                    ---

                     `-> This should be [X]

You can set this variable to override this default value, which could be
set this way to intentionally uncheck everything in the exported LaTeX
file.

Baoqiu

* Re: Re: bug in exporting checkbox lists
@ 2009-03-21 17:21   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-03-21 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Baoqiu Cui; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Applied, thanks.