* encoding problem
@ 2012-05-30  9:55 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2012-05-30  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm having a very strange problem with character encoding. I write all
my text files with emacs, with non-ascii characters (I'm french). I keep
a copy of many files (latex/org/...) on separate machines using
unison. Very often after a synchronization, the non-ascii charaters are
completely displayed wrong (à for à, ç for ç) in the org files, but
never in the latex files.

I guess it's more an Emacs than org files but I can't see what's special
in the org files that makes them more prone to such errors.

Is there a way to *fix* easily these corruptions on a file, ie searching
for all "weird" characters to replace ?

How could I prevent this from happening again (checking/changing
character encoding maybe ?)

Thanks for your help,

Julien.