* Agenda file is not in `org-mode'
@ 2013-04-23 18:07 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2013-04-23 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hey guys,

When trying to show up the archived items in the agenda view, I'm getting

"Agenda file /Users/fullofcaffeine/org/gtd/gtd.org_archive is not in
`org-mode'"

To fix it, I have to manually open gtd.org_archive, and "M-x org-mode" it.

Any ideas on why this happens?

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo.

* Re: Agenda file is not in `org-mode'
@ 2013-04-23 18:10 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-04-23 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Marcelo,

Did you try (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org_archive$" . org-mode))?

Samuel

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY
can get it.  There is NO hope without action.  This means YOU.

* Re: Agenda file is not in `org-mode'
@ 2013-04-23 18:39   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-04-23 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: Org Mode, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa

On 23.4.2013, at 20:10, Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Marcelo,
>
> Did you try (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org_archive$" . org-mode))?

This should work.

Also, if Org is creating a new archive file, it should automatically insert a line like

    #    -*- mode: org -*-

at the beginning of the file, which will force org-mode for
this file.  Maybe you created this archive file in a different way?

- Carsten