* *Natural* language highlighting
@ 2012-04-27  1:29 Alex Lane
From: Alex Lane @ 2012-04-27  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've been using both Cyrillic and Latin characters (utf-8) in org mode
and while I see quite a bit of discussion (in the archives and
elsewhere) of various highlighting schemes for programming language
syntax, has anyone ever heard of a way of color-coding different
character sets (such as Cyrillic/Latin)?

On a (somewhat) related note, might someone point me at the face
description(s) used for orgmode definition lists (e.g., foo :: bar)? I
would specifically like to make the 'foo' part of such a definition a
bit more assertive.

Cheers...

* Re: *Natural* language highlighting
@ 2012-04-27  5:28 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-04-27  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Lane; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Alex Lane <alexpgp@imap.cc> wrote:

> On a (somewhat) related note, might someone point me at the face
> description(s) used for orgmode definition lists (e.g., foo :: bar)? I
> would specifically like to make the 'foo' part of such a definition a
> bit more assertive.

Unfortunately, that's not a specific face. The pattern is set in
org.el:org-set-font-lock-defaults around line 5894:

,----
| 	   ;; Description list items
| 	   '("^[ \t]*[-+*][ \t]+\\(.*?[ \t]+::\\)\\([ \t]+\\|$\\)"
| 	     1 'bold prepend)
`----

So you can redefine the bold face but that's probably a bad idea, since
it is going to change the appearance of a lot of things.  Otherwise, you
have to change the code above to achieve what you want, by replacing
``bold'' with the face of your choice (possibly of your own devising, if
the list of faces obtained with list-faces-display does not contain one
that meets your requirements.)

Nick

* Re: *Natural* language highlighting
@ 2012-04-27 21:26 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-04-27 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Lane; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Alex Lane <alexpgp@imap.cc> writes:

> On a (somewhat) related note, might someone point me at the face
> description(s) used for orgmode definition lists (e.g., foo :: bar)? I
> would specifically like to make the 'foo' part of such a definition a
> bit more assertive.

From latest git, there is now `org-list-dt' for the definition terms
in those lists.  Thanks for the suggestion and thanks to Nick for the
guidance!

--
 Bastien