* Html Exporter Suppressing Blank Lines at Start
@ 2009-11-21 16:12 Ian Barton
From: Ian Barton @ 2009-11-21 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am playing with Jekyll as a possible blogging solution for org. So far
it looks good, but there is one small problem. You can use yaml in your
html, but it has to be the very first thing in the file:

In my org file I have:

#+STARTUP: showall indent
#+STARTUP: hidestars
#+BEGIN_HTML
---
layout: default
title: Benighted on the Ben.
---
#+END_HTML

It was early January when six of us travelled up to

When I export to html I end up with two blank lines at the top of the
file above the first ---. Is there a way to get the html exporter not to
insert those two blank lines?

Ian.

* Re: Html Exporter Suppressing Blank Lines at Start
@ 2009-11-21 17:58 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-11-21 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hmmm, when I do this export, I get a full html file, with header and
all, and he first "---" as the <h1> title of the document.

Could you please tell in more detail what you mean?

Thanks.

- Carsten

On Nov 21, 2009, at 5:12 PM, Ian Barton wrote:

> I am playing with Jekyll as a possible blogging solution for org. So
> far it looks good, but there is one small problem. You can use yaml
> in your html, but it has to be the very first thing in the file:
>
> In my org file I have:
>
> #+STARTUP: showall indent
> #+STARTUP: hidestars
> #+BEGIN_HTML
> ---
> layout: default
> title: Benighted on the Ben.
> ---
> #+END_HTML
>
> It was early January when six of us travelled up to
>

> When I export to html I end up with two blank lines at the top of
> the file above the first ---. Is there a way to get the html
> exporter not to insert those two blank lines?
>
> Ian.

- Carsten

* Re: Html Exporter Suppressing Blank Lines at Start
@ 2009-11-21 18:42   ` Ian Barton
From: Ian Barton @ 2009-11-21 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hmmm, when I do this export, I get a full html file, with header and
> all, and he first "---" as the <h1> title of the document.
>
> Could you please tell in more detail what you mean?
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Carsten
>
> On Nov 21, 2009, at 5:12 PM, Ian Barton wrote:
>
>> I am playing with Jekyll as a possible blogging solution for org. So
>> far it looks good, but there is one small problem. You can use yaml in
>> your html, but it has to be the very first thing in the file:
>>
>> In my org file I have:
>>
>> #+STARTUP: showall indent
>> #+STARTUP: hidestars
>> #+BEGIN_HTML
>> ---
>> layout: default
>> title: Benighted on the Ben.
>> ---
>> #+END_HTML
>>
>> It was early January when six of us travelled up to
>>

>> When I export to html I end up with two blank lines at the top of the
>> file above the first ---. Is there a way to get the html exporter not
>> to insert those two blank lines?

Sorry, I should have provided more detail. Here is the relevant part of
my org-publish-project-alist.

   ("org-ianbarton"
           :base-directory "~/devel/ianbarton/org/"
           :base-extension "org"
           :publishing-directory "~/devel/ianbarton/jekyll/"
           :recursive t
           :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
           :headline-levels 4             ; Just the default for this
project.
           :html-extension "html"
           :body-only t
     )

     ("org-static-ian"
           :base-directory "~/devel/ianbarton/org/"
           :base-extension
"css\\|js\\|png\\|jpg\\|gif\\|pdf\\|mp3\\|ogg\\|swf\\|php"
           :publishing-directory "~/devel/ianbarton/"
           :recursive t
           :publishing-function org-publish-attachment)

     ("ian" :components ("org-ianbarton" "org-static-ian"))

@ 2009-11-21 19:53     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-11-21 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Ian,

if you upgrade, these empty lines should be gone.

Also, there are several hooks that run once the export is done:

org-export-html-final-hook      (always)
org-publish-after-export-hook   (when going through org-publish)

These hooks can also be used to make adjustments like this one.

HTH

- Carsten

- Carsten