* How to update a timestamp?
@ 2023-03-12 19:36 Alain.Cochard
From: Alain.Cochard @ 2023-03-12 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello.

The manual says that

"When point is at an existing timestamp in the buffer, ['C-c .'
(‘org-time-stamp’)] is used to modify this timestamp instead of
inserting a new one."

but the default value is the existing date, not the current one so it
is not convenient at all for me.

In fact, I am looking for the equivalents of 'C-u C-u C-c .' and 'C-u
C-u C-c !' but without the time -- just the date.

I couldn't find it in the manual nor after searching the Internet.
If this does not exist, I am making it a feature request.

Thanks in advance.

* Re: How to update a timestamp?
@ 2023-03-12 23:24 Dieter Faulbaum
From: Dieter Faulbaum @ 2023-03-12 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

If you are prompted for the date, you can give a point ('.') and
the current date is shown.
I think this is "short enough".

* Re: How to update a timestamp?
@ 2023-03-13  9:02 ` Alain.Cochard
From: Alain.Cochard @ 2023-03-13  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dieter Faulbaum; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dieter Faulbaum writes on Mon 13 Mar 2023 00:24:

 > If you are prompted for the date, you can give a point ('.') and
 > the current date is shown.
 > I think this is "short enough".

Indeed, short enough.  Thank you.

I guess I should have found it by myself, but skim reading through
8.2.1 gave me the feeling that it was only devoted to specific
formats.

Also, when searching through the manual for time-stamp, I was a victim
of the time-stamp/timestamp curse :-)

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
ITE (Institut Terre & Environnement) | alain.cochard@unistra.fr