* Bug: lines are commented when they shouldn't
@ 2007-01-09  7:18 Bastien
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Bastien @ 2007-01-09  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

===%<=================================================================
#+TITLE: Title example

* First header

Try to edit this line.  Auto-filling does comment each line after this
#one (<- like this). This bug does not happen when you remove the #+..
===%<=================================================================

I've seen this bug before, but i think it was not in 4.60.

Bastien

* Re: Bug: lines are commented when they shouldn't
@ 2007-01-09  8:29 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-01-09  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

This is caused by my setting of `comment-start' to "#" in order
to allow the command `comment-region' to work, which was a recent
request.  However, as you point out, this causes some strange
interaction with word-wrapping.  Until I understand this, I will
remove the setting of comment-start again.

Thanks.

- Carsten

On Jan 9, 2007, at 8:18, Bastien wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> ===%<=================================================================
> #+TITLE: Title example
>
> * First header
>
> Try to edit this line.  Auto-filling does comment each line after this
> #one (<- like this). This bug does not happen when you remove the #+..
> ===%<=================================================================
>
> I've seen this bug before, but i think it was not in 4.60.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Bastien

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: Bug: lines are commented when they shouldn't
@ 2007-01-09 15:13 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-01-09 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Bastien (2007-01-09 08:18 +0100) said:
  ^^^^^^^
> Hi Carsten,
>
> ===%<=================================================================
> #+TITLE: Title example
>
> * First header
>
> Try to edit this line.  Auto-filling does comment each line after this
> #one (<- like this). This bug does not happen when you remove the #+..
> ===%<=================================================================
>
> I've seen this bug before, but i think it was not in 4.60.

I think that is just how comment works. I try to add comment in lisp
mode, it has the same behavior. Also I think that is the correct
behavior, because the long line is commented and should stay commented
when auto-fill break it into multiple lines.

* Re: Re: Bug: lines are commented when they shouldn't
@ 2007-01-09 15:46   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-01-09 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

No, you misunderstand.

#+TITLE is a comment, but it ends at the end of line.  Empty lines
and an outline header produces should be enough separation to make
sure that the line "Try..." should not be seen as a comment.  But the
leading "#" is inserted nonetheless when the line autowraps.

- Carsten

@ 2007-01-09 17:19     ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-01-09 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Carsten Dominik (2007-01-09 16:46 +0100) said:
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> No, you misunderstand.
>
> #+TITLE is a comment, but it ends at the end of line.  Empty lines
> and an outline header produces should be enough separation to make
> sure that the line "Try..." should not be seen as a comment.  But
> the leading "#" is inserted nonetheless when the line autowraps.

Now I got it. Seems every thing after #+ has been treated as comments.

* Re: Bug: lines are commented when they shouldn't
@ 2007-04-11 14:18 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-04-11 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2007-01-09, Bastien said:

> ===%<=================================================================
> #+TITLE: Title example
>
> * First header
>
> Try to edit this line.  Auto-filling does comment each line after this
> #one (<- like this). This bug does not happen when you remove the #+..
> ===%<=================================================================
>
> I've seen this bug before, but i think it was not in 4.60.
>
> Regards,

Seems this bug is back in 4.70.

* Re: Re: Bug: lines are commented when they shouldn't
@ 2007-04-12  7:48   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-04-12  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

This bug happened when `comment-start' was set to "#".  Org-mode
no longer does this.  Maybe you do set this variable yourself?

- Carsten

@ 2007-04-12 10:41     ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-04-12 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

----- Carsten Dominik (2007-04-12) wrote:-----

> This bug happened when `comment-start' was set to "#".  Org-mode no
> longer does this.  Maybe you do set this variable yourself?
>
> - Carsten

I didn't set comment-start. But this happens mysteriously while using
org since yesterday I spent most of the time taking notes using org and
I found some bugs as a result ;)

* Re: Re: Bug: lines are commented when they shouldn't
@ 2007-04-12 12:21       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-04-12 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 12, 2007, at 12:41, Leo wrote:

> ----- Carsten Dominik (2007-04-12) wrote:-----
>
>> This bug happened when `comment-start' was set to "#".  Org-mode no
>> longer does this.  Maybe you do set this variable yourself?
>>
>> - Carsten
>
> I didn't set comment-start. But this happens mysteriously while using
> org since yesterday I spent most of the time taking notes using org and
> I found some bugs as a result ;)

I am not sure I understand this.  Are you saying that comment-start was
set somehow automatically?

- Carsten

* Re: Bug: lines are commented when they shouldn't
@ 2007-04-12 12:34         ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-04-12 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

----- Carsten Dominik (2007-04-12) wrote:-----

>>> This bug happened when `comment-start' was set to "#".  Org-mode no
>>> longer does this.  Maybe you do set this variable yourself?
>>>
>>> - Carsten
>>
>> I didn't set comment-start. But this happens mysteriously while using
>> org since yesterday I spent most of the time taking notes using org and
>> I found some bugs as a result ;)
>
> I am not sure I understand this.  Are you saying that comment-start
> was set somehow automatically?
>
> - Carsten

Yes. But after restart, it is gone. I'll keep an eye on it.