* Org video for the SourceForge Commmunity Choices Award 2009
@ 2009-06-15 14:03 Bastien
                   ` (8 more replies)
From: Bastien @ 2009-06-15 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I managed to create a short video for the SCCA 2009:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlTDSX0vRiA
  http://vimeo.com/5155665 (for those who prefer)

Chritopher Baker kindly allowed me to use some of his great
video material from his "Hello world!" project:

  http://christopherbaker.net/projects/helloworld/

I also used Manish's great code swarm video:

  http://www.vimeo.com/4581697

And an electro song by Silence:

  http://www.jamendo.com/fr/album/395

I hope you'll like the video!

 Bastien

* Re: Org video for the SourceForge Commmunity Choices Award 2009
@ 2009-06-15 14:34 ` Eric Schulte
                   ` (7 subsequent siblings)
From: Eric Schulte @ 2009-06-15 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

magnificent,

I like every facet of the video, it does a great job of concisely
introducing the tool in a visually/aurally pleasing manner.

really great

Bastien <bastienguerry@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I managed to create a short video for the SCCA 2009:
>
>   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlTDSX0vRiA
>   http://vimeo.com/5155665 (for those who prefer)
>
> Chritopher Baker kindly allowed me to use some of his great
> video material from his "Hello world!" project:
>
>   http://christopherbaker.net/projects/helloworld/
>
> I also used Manish's great code swarm video:
>
>   http://www.vimeo.com/4581697
>
> And an electro song by Silence:
>
>   http://www.jamendo.com/fr/album/395
>
> I hope you'll like the video!
>
> Thanks,

* Re: Org video for the SourceForge Commmunity Choices Award 2009
@ 2009-06-15 14:51 ` Russell Adams
                   ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: Russell Adams @ 2009-06-15 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

*Applause!* Wow! Thats was a great mix, and Carsten's clips are very
 inspirational and sounding his best!

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 04:03:16PM +0200, Bastien wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I managed to create a short video for the SCCA 2009:
>
>   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlTDSX0vRiA
>   http://vimeo.com/5155665 (for those who prefer)
>
> Chritopher Baker kindly allowed me to use some of his great
> video material from his "Hello world!" project:
>
>   http://christopherbaker.net/projects/helloworld/
>
> I also used Manish's great code swarm video:
>
>   http://www.vimeo.com/4581697
>
> And an electro song by Silence:
>
>   http://www.jamendo.com/fr/album/395
>
> I hope you'll like the video!
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>  Bastien

* Re: Org video for the SourceForge Commmunity Choices Award 2009
@ 2009-06-15 16:03 ` Manish
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Manish @ 2009-06-15 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

  On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Bastien wrote:
  > Hi all,
  >
  > I managed to create a short video for the SCCA 2009:
  >
  > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlTDSX0vRiA
  > http://vimeo.com/5155665 (for those who prefer)
  >
  > Chritopher Baker kindly allowed me to use some of his great video
  > material from his "Hello world!" project:
  >
  > http://christopherbaker.net/projects/helloworld/
  >
  > I also used Manish's great code swarm video:
  >
  > http://www.vimeo.com/4581697
  >
  > And an electro song by Silence:
  >
  > http://www.jamendo.com/fr/album/395
  >
  > I hope you'll like the video!

Wow! Wow! Wow!

BTW, that bit at the end with Carsten's voice is sweet touch. :)

Thanks for creating it.

--
Manish

* Re: Org video for the SourceForge Commmunity Choices Award 2009
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-06-15 16:35 ` Bernt Hansen
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-06-15 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bastienguerry@googlemail.com> writes:

> I managed to create a short video for the SCCA 2009:
>
>   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlTDSX0vRiA
>   http://vimeo.com/5155665 (for those who prefer)
>
> Chritopher Baker kindly allowed me to use some of his great
> video material from his "Hello world!" project:
>
>   http://christopherbaker.net/projects/helloworld/
>
> I also used Manish's great code swarm video:
>
>   http://www.vimeo.com/4581697
>
> And an electro song by Silence:
>
>   http://www.jamendo.com/fr/album/395
>
> I hope you'll like the video!

Awesome!!  Very well done!

-Bernt

* Re: Org video for the SourceForge Commmunity Choices Award 2009
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-06-15 16:43 ` srandby
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: srandby @ 2009-06-15 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Fantastic video!

Scott Randby

Bastien wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I managed to create a short video for the SCCA 2009:
>
>   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlTDSX0vRiA
>   http://vimeo.com/5155665 (for those who prefer)
>
> Chritopher Baker kindly allowed me to use some of his great
> video material from his "Hello world!" project:
>
>   http://christopherbaker.net/projects/helloworld/
>
> I also used Manish's great code swarm video:
>
>   http://www.vimeo.com/4581697
>
> And an electro song by Silence:
>
>   http://www.jamendo.com/fr/album/395
>
> I hope you'll like the video!
>
> Thanks,

* Re: Org video for the SourceForge Commmunity Choices Award 2009
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-06-15 21:41 ` Rick Moynihan
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2009-06-15 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

2009/6/15 Bastien <bastienguerry@googlemail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I managed to create a short video for the SCCA 2009:
>
>  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlTDSX0vRiA
>  http://vimeo.com/5155665 (for those who prefer)

Wow Bastien, great job!!!!

Care to say what tools you used?

R.

* Re: Org video for the SourceForge Commmunity Choices Award 2009
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-06-16  8:37 ` Ian Barton
From: Ian Barton @ 2009-06-16  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> I managed to create a short video for the SCCA 2009:
>
>   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlTDSX0vRiA
>   http://vimeo.com/5155665 (for those who prefer)

Just watched it this morning. What a great advert for org mode.
Congratulations to Bastien and all the other contributors.

Ian.

* Re: Org video for the SourceForge Commmunity Choices Award 2009
                   ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-06-16  8:57 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2009-06-16  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Great video.

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 07:03, Bastien<bastienguerry@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I managed to create a short video for the SCCA 2009:
>
>  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlTDSX0vRiA
>  http://vimeo.com/5155665 (for those who prefer)
>
> Chritopher Baker kindly allowed me to use some of his great
> video material from his "Hello world!" project:
>
>  http://christopherbaker.net/projects/helloworld/
>
> I also used Manish's great code swarm video:
>
>  http://www.vimeo.com/4581697
>
> And an electro song by Silence:
>
>  http://www.jamendo.com/fr/album/395
>
> I hope you'll like the video!
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>  Bastien

Myalgic encephalomyelitis denialism is causing death and severe suffering,
worse than MS.  Conflicts of interest are destroying research.  /You/ can
get the disease at any time permanently.  Do science and justice matter to
you?  http://www.meactionuk.org.uk/What_Is_ME_What_Is_CFS.htm

* Re: Org video for the SourceForge Commmunity Choices Award 2009
                   ` (7 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-06-16 17:17 ` Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2009-06-16 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bastienguerry@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I managed to create a short video for the SCCA 2009:
>
>   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlTDSX0vRiA
>   http://vimeo.com/5155665 (for those who prefer)
>
> Chritopher Baker kindly allowed me to use some of his great
> video material from his "Hello world!" project:
>
>   http://christopherbaker.net/projects/helloworld/
>
> I also used Manish's great code swarm video:
>
>   http://www.vimeo.com/4581697
>
> And an electro song by Silence:
>
>   http://www.jamendo.com/fr/album/395
>
> I hope you'll like the video!
>
> Thanks,

[snipped 10 lines]

Excellent.  A little more ominous Carsten voice, we could scare the
viewer into trying org mode. :-)

 sivaram