* face for clock display in modeline
@ 2009-06-04 21:50 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2009-06-04 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Just a possibility.

I sometimes forget to clock out.  I wonder if the showing a
distinctive face for the clock display might prevent that.

It looks like org-clock-update-mode-line is the relevant function, but
customizing modeline-highlight face did not change the face.

Thanks.

--
Myalgic encephalomyelitis denialism is causing death and severe suffering,
worse than MS.  Conflicts of interest are destroying research.  /You/ can

* Re: face for clock display in modeline
@ 2009-06-05 10:50 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-06-05 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I would not know how to make this work either.....

- Carsten

@ 2009-06-05 11:08   ` Eric S Fraga, Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga, Eric S Fraga @ 2009-06-05 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik writes:
> On Jun 4, 2009, at 11:50 PM, Samuel Wales wrote:
> > I sometimes forget to clock out.  I wonder if the showing a
> > distinctive face for the clock display might prevent that.
> >
> > It looks like org-clock-update-mode-line is the relevant function, but
> > customizing modeline-highlight face did not change the face.

> I would not know how to make this work either.....

I believe you can customise the mode line entry for org-mode to
include a face to use for that particular element of the mode line.
For instance, check out the following variable:

  mode-line-buffer-identification

It specifies (in a local map) the face (mode-line-buffer-id) to use
for displaying the buffer name (bold by default) and this face can be
customised.  It should be possible to define a similar entry for
org-mode-line-string with an appropriately defined face?

HTH!

* Re: face for clock display in modeline
@ 2009-06-05 11:16     ` Eric S Fraga, Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga, Eric S Fraga @ 2009-06-05 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik, emacs-orgmode

Eric S Fraga <ucecesf@ucl.ac.uk>, Eric S Fraga <ucecesf@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
> I believe you can customise the mode line entry for org-mode to
> [...]

Responding to my own suggestion, adding the line

	 'face 'mode-line-buffer-id

into the let statement of the org-clock-update-mode-line function
after the mouse-face setting makes the clock display using the same
face as the buffer (as a test), a face that can easily be highlighted.

* Re: face for clock display in modeline
@ 2009-06-06  6:14     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-06-06  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: e.fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks Eric!

Samuel, after you next pull, customize the face org-mode-line-clock.

HTH

- Carsten

@ 2009-06-06 10:15       ` Eric S Fraga, Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga, Eric S Fraga @ 2009-06-06 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik writes:
> Thanks Eric!
>
> Samuel, after you next pull, customize the face org-mode-line-clock.

You're welcome and I like what you have done.  I played around with
the code in org-faces.el yesterday but your solution is much nicer
than I what I had come up with (I'm still very much a noob when it
comes to elisp).

* Re: face for clock display in modeline
@ 2009-06-09 13:57         ` David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2009-06-09 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

on Sat Jun 06 2009, Eric S Fraga <ucecesf-AT-ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> Carsten Dominik writes:
>> Thanks Eric!
>>
>> Samuel, after you next pull, customize the face org-mode-line-clock.
>
> You're welcome and I like what you have done.  I played around with
> the code in org-faces.el yesterday but your solution is much nicer
> than I what I had come up with (I'm still very much a noob when it
> comes to elisp).

Thanks to both of you; this is going to make a real difference in my
life!

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing

* Re: face for clock display in modeline
@ 2009-06-09 14:18       ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2009-06-09 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

It works!