* decimal hours for clocking
@ 2009-05-06  2:41 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2009-05-06  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

This is a tiny little thing, but currently org-clock-display shows
hours and minutes.  Perhaps it could also show decimal hours.  Thus
9:30 could report as "9:30 (9.5h)".  I'd find it easier not to have to
calculate it manually.

Thanks.

--
Myalgic encephalomyelitis denialism is causing death (decades early;
Jason et al. 2006) and severe suffering (worse than nearly all other

* Re: decimal hours for clocking
@ 2009-05-06  5:11 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-05-06  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a tiny little thing, but currently org-clock-display shows
> hours and minutes.  Perhaps it could also show decimal hours.  Thus
> 9:30 could report as "9:30 (9.5h)".  I'd find it easier not to have to
> calculate it manually.

Assuming that you talking about the total time that is written out in
the echo area by org-clock-display, you can change its last line from
this:

    (message (concat "Total file time: " org-time-clocksum-format "(%d hours and %d minutes)") h m h m)))

to this:

    (message (concat "Total file time: " org-time-clocksum-format "(%d hours and %d minutes (%d.%02d))") h m h m h (* 100 (/ m 60.0)))))

HTH,
Nick

* Re: decimal hours for clocking
@ 2009-05-27 22:43   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2009-05-27 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks.  I thought it might be a generally useful thing, not just for
me.  Then again, I should perhaps again try to figure out the
clocktable stuff or properties to actually calculate hours*rate.

--
Myalgic encephalomyelitis denialism is causing death and severe suffering
worse than MS.  Conflicts of interest are destroying science.  Anybody can

* decimal hours for clocking
@ 2018-07-20 21:16 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2018-07-20 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

i used to be able to do (setq org-duration-format '(("h" . nil)
(special . 2)) to get decimal hours for clocking, like 43.22h meaning
43 hours and 22/60 minutes.

in recent org maint, this seems to show up like 2d 11:22.

perhaps user error?  what i really want is decimal hours for
org-clock-display, /but/ hh:mm for modeline clock display.  but i'm ok
with evaluating the above form when i need to do org-clock-display if
it is not possible to specify context.

* Re: decimal hours for clocking
@ 2018-08-21 18:15 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-08-21 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> i used to be able to do (setq org-duration-format '(("h" . nil)
> (special . 2)) to get decimal hours for clocking, like 43.22h meaning
> 43 hours and 22/60 minutes.
>
> in recent org maint, this seems to show up like 2d 11:22.

Org maint is more or less outdated. It was mainly used for merge with
Emacs. Now we are waiting for Org 9.2 to be released so that master can
become the new maint branch.

Could you try again with master branch? If it doesn't work, please send
an ECM.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: decimal hours for clocking
@ 2018-08-21 21:55   ` Samuel Wales