* [BUG] Completion with Mouse
@ 2008-12-18 15:04 Leo
From: Leo @ 2008-12-18 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

I just noticed one bug when converting a muse file to org.

In a org buffer, try to complete the following:
#+begin M-TAB

*Completions* buffer pop up:

Click <mouse-2> on a completion to select it.
In this buffer, type RET to select the completion near point.

Possible completions are:
BEGIN:                  BEGIN_EXAMPLE   BEGIN_HTML
BEGIN_LaTeX             BEGIN_QUOTE     BEGIN_SRC
BEGIN_VERSE

Let's say now I use mouse to click on BEGIN_EXAMPLE, then the org buffer
is left with:

#+beginBEGIN_EXAMPLE

However, there is no problem when #+BEGIN is all in capital.

BTW, any way to quickly insert those #+BEGIN #+END tags.

Tested in org 6.14 from CVS Emacs of 2008-12-14.

Cheers,
--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .: I use Emacs :.

* Re: [BUG] Completion with Mouse
@ 2008-12-18 16:30 ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2008-12-18 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

--- Gio 18/12/08, Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> ha scritto:
Hi, Leo.

> In a org buffer, try to complete the following:
> #+begin M-TAB
>
> *Completions* buffer pop up:
>
> Click <mouse-2> on a completion to select it.
> In this buffer, type RET to select the completion near
> point.
>
> Possible completions are:
> BEGIN:                  BEGIN_EXAMPLE   BEGIN_HTML
> BEGIN_LaTeX             BEGIN_QUOTE     BEGIN_SRC
> BEGIN_VERSE
>
> Let's say now I use mouse to click on BEGIN_EXAMPLE,
> then the org buffer is left with:
>
> #+beginBEGIN_EXAMPLE
>
> However, there is no problem when #+BEGIN is all in
> capital.
>
> BTW, any way to quickly insert those #+BEGIN #+END tags.

I think this is the same kind of bug I found a month ago, and
Carsten[1]
[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2008-11/msg00343.html

answered:
"[...]
yes, this is a bug, relatively hard to fix, so for now, just use the keyboard
[...]"

Did you try the completion with the keyboard?  maybe it works, please,
let us know.

cheers,

Giovanni

* Re: [BUG] Completion with Mouse
@ 2008-12-18 23:54   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2008-12-18 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2008-12-18 16:30 +0000, Giovanni Ridolfi wrote:
> I think this is the same kind of bug I found a month ago, and
> Carsten[1]
> [1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2008-11/msg00343.html
>
> answered:
> "[...]
> yes, this is a bug, relatively hard to fix, so for now, just use the keyboard
> [...]"

Thanks for the info.

> Did you try the completion with the keyboard?  maybe it works, please,
> let us know.

Yes, keyboard completion works but it is still slow to type
begin_ex<M-TAB>. I have used M-/ instead.

Cheers,
--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .: I use Emacs :.