* Ignore, skip, omit headline when exporting to LaTeX
@ 2022-07-07 20:00 edgar
From: edgar @ 2022-07-07 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Firstly, do tell me if I am breaking the nettiquete.

I found someone asking online how to ignore a headline when exporting
to LaTeX. This e-mail is to avoid creating an account on that forum
and to provide a solution.

(require 'ox-extra)

   (defun org-export-ignore-headlines-latex (data backend info)
     "Hack of `org-export-ignore-headlines' for LaTeX: add a
conditional for the latex backend and replace 'ignore' with 'ignoreltx'"
     (when (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'latex)
       (org-element-map data 'headline
         (lambda (object)
           (when (member "ignoreltx" (org-element-property :tags object))
             (let ((level-top (org-element-property :level object))
                   level-diff)
               (mapc (lambda (el)
                       ;; recursively promote all nested headlines
                       (org-element-map el 'headline
                         (lambda (el)
                           (when (equal 'headline (org-element-type el))
                             (unless level-diff
                               (setq level-diff (-
(org-element-property :level el)
                                                   level-top)))
                             (org-element-put-property
                              el
                              :level (- (org-element-property :level el)

level-diff)))))
                       ;; insert back into parse tree
                       (org-element-insert-before el object))
                     (org-element-contents object)))
             (org-element-extract-element object)))
         info nil)
       data))

   (push '(ignore-latex-headlines
           org-export-ignore-headlines-latex
           org-export-filter-parse-tree-functions)
         ox-extras)
   (ox-extras-activate '(latex-header-blocks ignore-headlines
ignore-latex-headlines))

This free account was provided by VFEmail.net - report spam to abuse@vfemail.net

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!