* Question: export with tags but hide "export" tag
@ 2019-11-23 16:59 wry
From: wry @ 2019-11-23 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi fellow org people,

I want to start publishing some of my notes on a website. My preferred
method is either org-export-dispatch or org-publish (maybe in the
future).

I have one giant notes file where I keep everything. Some people
prefer to have multiple files to compartmentalize, but I prefer to
keep everything together to simplify searching, organizing, capturing
etc. This is similar to the philosophy of dnote (a third-party,
non-org-mode note taking app at https://www.getdnote.com/): being able
to capture a note as quickly as possible is more important than
putting it in the correct place, and being able to search all notes is
more important than having them perfectly organized.

Towards the top of the file are more permanent entries, like my TODO
inbox, calendar, and daily checklist. Whenever I add a note, I
automatically stick it at the end of the file. When headlines are
completed or become more permanent, I sometimes refile them higher up
in the file ("percolate up", if you will).

Anyway, my preferred method of publishing would be to simply tag
headlines when they're ready to be included in HTML exports. Org-mode
includes this, of course, with the "org-export-select-tags"
option. However, I also want to include tags in the exported HTML, but
currently that means every exported headline will have the "export"
tag. Any ideas about how to export using this workflow without showing
the "export" tag?

Thanks,
Nick

* Re: Question: export with tags but hide "export" tag
@ 2019-11-24 12:50 ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2019-11-24 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wry@mm.st; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Saturday, 23 Nov 2019 at 11:59, wry@mm.st wrote:
> Any ideas about how to export using this workflow without showing
> the "export" tag?

You could maybe use this hook:

,----[ C-h v org-export-before-processing-hook RET ]
| org-export-before-processing-hook is a variable defined in ‘ox.el’.
|
| Documentation:
| Hook run at the beginning of the export process.
|
| This is run before include keywords and macros are expanded and
| Babel code blocks executed, on a copy of the original buffer
| being exported.  Visibility and narrowing are preserved.  Point
| is at the beginning of the buffer.
|
| Every function in this hook will be called with one argument: the
| back-end currently used, as a symbol.
`----

*if* it is invoked after the tag selection is done (I'm not sure if it
is or not).  You would have to write some emacs lisp to remove the
:export: tags.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.6-552-g8c5a78

* Re: Question: export with tags but hide "export" tag
@ 2019-11-24 22:38   ` wry
From: wry @ 2019-11-24 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fraga, Eric; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 11/24, Fraga, Eric wrote:
>You could maybe use this hook:
>
>,----[ C-h v org-export-before-processing-hook RET ]
>| org-export-before-processing-hook is a variable defined in ‘ox.el’.
>|
>| Documentation:
>| Hook run at the beginning of the export process.
>|
>| This is run before include keywords and macros are expanded and
>| Babel code blocks executed, on a copy of the original buffer
>| being exported.  Visibility and narrowing are preserved.  Point
>| is at the beginning of the buffer.
>|
>| Every function in this hook will be called with one argument: the
>| back-end currently used, as a symbol.
>`----
>
>*if* it is invoked after the tag selection is done (I'm not sure if it
>is or not).  You would have to write some emacs lisp to remove the
>:export: tags.

Thanks, I'll look into it. Probably should brush up on my elisp anyway

Nick