* Toggle on/off the display of individual image?
@ 2019-09-16 10:34 henry35
From: henry35 @ 2019-09-16 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Orgmode

Hello

Is it possible to toggle on/off the display of one specific image? I am aware of org-display-inline-images but it acts on the whole buffer, so it toggles all images.

It would be nice if there was some way to toggle individual images on/off.
A workaround of sorts would be to put each image under its own heading and then use folding, but that is hardly a good solution.

* Re: Toggle on/off the display of individual image?
@ 2019-09-16 12:59 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2019-09-16 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: henry35; +Cc: Emacs Orgmode

* henry35@keemail.me <henry35@keemail.me> [2019-09-16 12:35]:
> Is it possible to toggle on/off the display of one specific image? I
> am aware of org-display-inline-images but it acts on the whole
> buffer, so it toggles all images.
>
> It would be nice if there was some way to toggle individual images
> on/off.  A workaround of sorts would be to put each image under its
> own heading and then use folding, but that is hardly a good
> solution.

If Org headings would be stored somehow as structured data, that could
be easily possible. I think, but I am not not sure, that any actions
in Org files require iteration over the text file.

For single images to be shown while others are not shown that would
require some tweaking.

That is nice feature that would help in finely grained review or
access of the structured information.

Jean