* Bug: Feature request: make org-link emacs wide mode [9.2.5 (9.2.5-elpa @ /home/data1/protected/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190801/)]
@ 2019-08-07  7:54 Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2019-08-07  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2019-08-04
Package: Org mode version 9.2.5 (9.2.5-elpa @ /home/data1/protected/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190801/)

I would like to request feature so that Org Links can be turned on
Emacs wide as org-link-mode. Then links could work in various buffers,
and this could make hyperlinking possible from any kinds of files.

Jean

* Re: Bug: Feature request: make org-link emacs wide mode [9.2.5 (9.2.5-elpa @ /home/data1/protected/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190801/)]
@ 2019-08-07  8:39 ` Štěpán Němec
From: Štěpán Němec @ 2019-08-07  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Louis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> I would like to request feature so that Org Links can be turned on
> Emacs wide as org-link-mode. Then links could work in various buffers,
> and this could make hyperlinking possible from any kinds of files.

For reference:

https://github.com/seanohalpin/org-link-minor-mode
https://github.com/tarsius/orglink

--
Štěpán

@ 2019-08-08  9:48   ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2019-08-08  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Štěpán Němec; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

* Štěpán Němec <stepnem@gmail.com> [2019-08-07 10:40]:
> > I would like to request feature so that Org Links can be turned on
> > Emacs wide as org-link-mode. Then links could work in various buffers,
> > and this could make hyperlinking possible from any kinds of files.
>
> For reference:
>
> https://github.com/seanohalpin/org-link-minor-mode
> https://github.com/tarsius/orglink

Thank you, I see the concept. Sadly none of those packages work, I
have filed bugs.

Jean