* Bug: #+INCLUDE: :only-contents not recognized [9.1.2 (9.1.2-37-g3f8d67-elpa @ /home/data1/protected/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/)]]
@ 2017-11-19  5:42 Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2017-11-19  5:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I can see that if I use:

#+INCLUDE: "~/Documents/Org/With-Ease.org" :only-contents t

that the #+TITLE variable is then included in the
main file, and is concatenated to the main
title. I am exporting "visible only" and that is
happening.

That is not expected.

If I try to export with subtree from a section, I
do not get the #+TITLE of included file shown in
ASCII export.

Do I need to do something to avoid the title being
exported wrongly?

Jean Louis

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2017-11-11
Package: Org mode version 9.1.2 (9.1.2-37-g3f8d67-elpa @ /home/data1/protected/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/)

* Re: Bug: #+INCLUDE: :only-contents not recognized [9.1.2 (9.1.2-37-g3f8d67-elpa @ /home/data1/protected/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20171113/)]]
@ 2017-11-20 13:35 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2017-11-20 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> I can see that if I use:
>
> #+INCLUDE: "~/Documents/Org/With-Ease.org" :only-contents t
>
> that the #+TITLE variable is then included in the
> main file, and is concatenated to the main
> title. I am exporting "visible only" and that is
> happening.
>
> That is not expected.
>
> If I try to export with subtree from a section, I
> do not get the #+TITLE of included file shown in
> ASCII export.
>
> Do I need to do something to avoid the title being
> exported wrongly?

I am not sure there is a well specified meaning for :only-contents when
you do not select an element.  :only-content refers to the content of an
element (try ‘org-element-at-point’ on a heading and check
:contents-begin).

Ways to archive what you want would be to select the right element or use
:lines "2-" to skip the title, if it’s on line 1.

Hope it helps.

Rasmus

--
Dung makes an excellent fertilizer