* How to paginate Babel Lisp output?
@ 2017-07-09 14:57 Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2017-07-09 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hello,

I have a very simple lisp output within Org Mode
file, and it delivers list of lists with 4-5
elements, and it displays nicely as a text.

#+BEGIN_SRC lisp :exports results
(load #P"/home/data1/protected//lisp/load-some-files.lisp" :verbose nil :print nil)
(sku-list-values-by-location :location 1369)
#+END_SRC

But when exporting LaTeX I get the result that the
table is basically too long, even being printed
over the page number and below, and does not even
continue on the next page.

Is there a way or customization to make it break
pages automatically when there is long output from
source blocks?

Jean

* Re: How to paginate Babel Lisp output?
@ 2017-07-09 16:24 ` Richard Lawrence
From: Richard Lawrence @ 2017-07-09 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Louis, Org list

Hi Jean,

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> I have a very simple lisp output within Org Mode file, and it
> delivers list of lists with 4-5 elements, and it displays nicely
> as a text.

(Do you mean: as a table?)

> #+BEGIN_SRC lisp :exports results  (load
> #P"/home/data1/protected//lisp/load-some-files.lisp" :verbose
> nil :print nil) (sku-list-values-by-location :location 1369)
> #+END_SRC
>
> But when exporting LaTeX I get the result that the table is
> basically too long, even being printed over the page number and
> below, and does not even continue on the next page.
>
> Is there a way or customization to make it break pages
> automatically when there is long output from source blocks?

If you are already getting your results as an Org table, try
adding

#+ATTR_LATEX: :environment longtable

to that table.  This will use the LaTeX longtable package and
environment to format the table, which should take care of breaking it
across pages.

Best,
Richard

* Re: How to paginate Babel Lisp output?
@ 2017-07-09 18:13   ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2017-07-09 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Lawrence; +Cc: Org list, Jean Louis

On Sun, Jul 09, 2017 at 09:24:11AM -0700, Richard Lawrence wrote:
> Hi Jean,
>
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > I have a very simple lisp output within Org Mode file, and it delivers
> > list of lists with 4-5 elements, and it displays nicely as a text.
>
> (Do you mean: as a table?)
>
> > #+BEGIN_SRC lisp :exports results  (load
> > #P"/home/data1/protected//lisp/load-some-files.lisp" :verbose nil :print
> > nil) (sku-list-values-by-location :location 1369) #+END_SRC
> >
> > But when exporting LaTeX I get the result that the table is basically
> > too long, even being printed over the page number and below, and does
> > not even continue on the next page.
> >
> > Is there a way or customization to make it break pages automatically
> > when there is long output from source blocks?
>
> If you are already getting your results as an Org table, try adding
>
> #+ATTR_LATEX: :environment longtable
>
> to that table.  This will use the LaTeX longtable package and
> environment to format the table, which should take care of breaking it
> across pages.
>
> Best,
> Richard

That worked well, thank you!