* Org-mode on Github
@ 2016-01-28 12:51 gongzhitaao
From: gongzhitaao @ 2016-01-28 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Awesome Orgmode,

I got a quick question: why not put org-mode on github?

1. Everyone can see the development process clearly.  While currently
   we can still do it but github makes it much more easier.
2. We can choose whichever version we want to use (most of the time,
   the latest of course, but just in case of an wierd bugs).
3. Github makes collaboration easier, e.g., everyone may submit a PR
   for a quick fix.

* Re: Org-mode on Github
@ 2016-01-28 13:02 ` Robert Klein
From: Robert Klein @ 2016-01-28 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gongzhitaao; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

gongzhitaao <zhitaao.gong@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Awesome Orgmode,
>
> I got a quick question: why not put org-mode on github?

because we have all those, too

> 1. Everyone can see the development process clearly.  While currently
>    we can still do it but github makes it much more easier.

git repository on orgmode.org

> 2. We can choose whichever version we want to use (most of the time,
>    the latest of course, but just in case of an wierd bugs).

same as 1.  Just check out a commit or release you like and use it.

> 3. Github makes collaboration easier, e.g., everyone may submit a PR
>    for a quick fix.

Org development happens on this mailing list, not i some bug tracker.
Send your git-diff to the list.

Best regards
Robert