* LaTeX filter for captions
@ 2015-06-28 21:40 Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2015-06-28 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Org mode

Hi,

I wanted to apply a filter to normal text and captions.  So I initially
used org-export-filter-body-functions, however this also applies on the
section title.  Handling that case would make my filter a bit more
complicated.  So I switched to using
org-export-filter-paragraph-functions.  However I can't find what would
be the corresponding filter list for captions (both figures and tables).

Any ideas?

Suvayu

* Re: LaTeX filter for captions
@ 2015-06-28 21:52 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-06-28 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Org mode

Hello,

Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> I wanted to apply a filter to normal text and captions.  So I initially
> used org-export-filter-body-functions, however this also applies on the
> section title.  Handling that case would make my filter a bit more
> complicated.  So I switched to using
> org-export-filter-paragraph-functions.  However I can't find what would
> be the corresponding filter list for captions (both figures and
> tables).

There is no such filter. By the time filters are called, captions have
already been merged with their element. IOW,
`org-export-filter-paragraph-functions' is applied to a string
containing both the caption and the paragraph.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: LaTeX filter for captions
@ 2015-06-29  5:22   ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2015-06-29  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 11:52:06PM +0200, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I wanted to apply a filter to normal text and captions.  So I initially
> > used org-export-filter-body-functions, however this also applies on the
> > section title.  Handling that case would make my filter a bit more
> > complicated.  So I switched to using
> > org-export-filter-paragraph-functions.  However I can't find what would
> > be the corresponding filter list for captions (both figures and
> > tables).
>
> There is no such filter. By the time filters are called, captions have
> already been merged with their element. IOW,
> `org-export-filter-paragraph-functions' is applied to a string
> containing both the caption and the paragraph.

Indeed, this makes sense.  I was mistaken about what I was looking at.
When I noticed my filter was not being applied to captions, I had
forgotten those particular figures were exported via latex blocks, not
as usual figures!  Adding my filter to
org-export-filter-export-block-functions solved my issue.

Thanks!

--
Suvayu