* Timezone Support Status
@ 2015-01-15 20:28 Don Armstrong
From: Don Armstrong @ 2015-01-15 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Has anyone done any work into allowing for timezones to be specified in
timestamps (and maybe eventually, scheduling/deadlines) in org mode?

I know the last long thread about this in 2008[1] indicated that this
was unlikely to be supported, and a thread in 2011 just referred to the
same issue[2], pointing out that this would likely involve a fantastic
amount of work.

For me, being able to specify times in the file in UTC, and then
converting to the local timezone for everything else might be enough...
but I'd like to contribute to an existing effort/design if at all
possible.

1: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/5145
2: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/40732

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym
-- xkcd http://xkcd.com/917/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-01-15 20:29 UTC | newest]