* org-mode and scrum
@ 2015-10-17  7:53 Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2015-10-17  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Have we got any software engineers on this list who use or have used
org-mode for doing scrum?  How useable is org-mode for scrum anyway?  Over
on nfbcs@nfbnet.org accessible scrum tools came up as a topic since most
of the members of nfbcs are doing stuff with computers and are blind.  I
perhaps mistakenly advocated use of org-mode either for a single blind
software engineering student or that student's team and got lots of static
back on it.  How eell-informed is that static?  The team gets to choose
and use its own scrum tool.  grello was used last year and wasn't fully
capable and gera was suggested but this would cost everyone on the team
$10.00 per month to use.

* Re: org-mode and scrum
@ 2015-10-18  9:19 ` Shakthi Kannan
From: Shakthi Kannan @ 2015-10-18  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jude DaShiell; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

--- On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com> wrote:
| Have we got any software engineers on this list who use or have used
| org-mode for doing scrum?
\--

I use emacs-scrum:

  https://github.com/ianxm/emacs-scrum

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com

* Re: org-mode and scrum
@ 2015-10-18  9:59   ` Jude DaShiell
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2015-10-18  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shakthi Kannan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks much, between the two of us I think we helped out one aspiring
blind software engineer and others who use the archives of the nfbcs
list later.

On Sun, 18 Oct 2015, Shakthi Kannan wrote:

> Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 05:19:08
> From: Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan@gmail.com>
> To: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com>
> Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: [O] org-mode and scrum
>
> Hi,
>
> --- On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com> wrote:
> | Have we got any software engineers on this list who use or have used
> | org-mode for doing scrum?
> \--
>
> I use emacs-scrum:
>
>  https://github.com/ianxm/emacs-scrum
>
> SK

* Re: org-mode and scrum
@ 2015-11-09 11:26 ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2015-11-09 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com> wrote:
> Have we got any software engineers on this list who use or have used
> org-mode for doing scrum?  How useable is org-mode for scrum anyway?

I am using Org-mode as a Scrum product owner. With a few yasnippet
templates, I'm fine with Org-mode.

There is no collaboration possible for me now. Also I am the only
one in my department using Org-mode.

However, you might want to watch https://t.co/aYBd6MzL5p where
Howard Abrams is demonstrating some DevOps-magic with Org-mode. He's
obviously using it as an engineer within Scrum.

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github