* [bug] Export to FreeMind (HTML) fails due to ampersant in URL
@ 2015-02-04 16:46 Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2015-02-04 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

Org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-721-gd1c5dc) on GNU Emacs
24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601) of 2013-03-17

When I export a simple heading like below, which contains an URL
with an ampersant (&), FreeMind throws an error:

,----[ The exported heading ]

`----

,----[ FreeMind v1.0.1 Error Message ]
`----

,----[ resulting mm-file ]
| <map version="0.9.0">
|
| <node>
| <richcontent TYPE="NODE">
| <head>
| </head>
| </richcontent>
| <richcontent TYPE="NOTE">
| <head>
| </head>
| <ul class="org-ul">
| <li><a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwtVtcQQfqc&feature=player_embedded">Emacs Rocks 11 - swank-js</a></li>
| </ul>
| </richcontent>
| </node>
| </map>
`----

When I remove the "&" from the mm-file, FreeMind is able to
import/show the mind-map without any issues.

This might be related with the HTML exporter since ox-freemind.el is
using ox-html.

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github

* Re: [bug] Export to FreeMind (HTML) fails due to ampersant in URL
@ 2015-02-05  9:08 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-02-05  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Voit; +Cc: Karl Voit, emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> When I export a simple heading like below, which contains an URL
> with an ampersant (&), FreeMind throws an error:
>
> ,----[ The exported heading ]
> | ** Freemind-Tests
> |
> | - [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwtVtcQQfqc&feature=player_embedded][Emacs Rocks 11 - swank-js]]
> `----
>
> ,----[ FreeMind v1.0.1 Error Message ]
> | Error while parsing file:freemind.main.XMLParseException: XML Parse Exception
> | during parsing of the XML definition at line 1: Unexpected end of data reached
> `----
>
> ,----[ resulting mm-file ]
> | <map version="0.9.0">
> |
> | <node>
> | <richcontent TYPE="NODE">
> | <head>
> | </head>
> | </richcontent>
> | <richcontent TYPE="NOTE">
> | <head>
> | </head>
> | <ul class="org-ul">
> | <li><a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwtVtcQQfqc&feature=player_embedded">Emacs Rocks 11 - swank-js</a></li>
> | </ul>
> | </richcontent>
> | </node>
> | </map>
> `----
>
> When I remove the "&" from the mm-file, FreeMind is able to
> import/show the mind-map without any issues.
>
> This might be related with the HTML exporter since ox-freemind.el is
> using ox-html.

This looks like valid HTML code to me. Also it exports fine to HTML. Is
there any restriction related to this specific to FreeMind?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [bug] Export to FreeMind (HTML) fails due to ampersand in URL
@ 2015-02-05 11:03   ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2015-02-05 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi!

> Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>
>> ,----[ resulting mm-file ]
>> | <li><a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwtVtcQQfqc&feature=player_embedded">Emacs Rocks 11 - swank-js</a></li>
>> `----
>>
>> When I remove the "&" from the mm-file, FreeMind is able to
>> import/show the mind-map without any issues.

Forgot to mention: when I start xml-mode with the mm-file, it shows
one error at the ampersand (missing semi-colon) as well.

>> This might be related with the HTML exporter since ox-freemind.el is
>> using ox-html.
>
> This looks like valid HTML code to me. Also it exports fine to HTML. Is
> there any restriction related to this specific to FreeMind?

I checked with an HTML verifier from http://validator.w3.org/check
(HTML Snippet, XHTML 1.0 Strict):

,----[ Generated HTML page for validator ]
| <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
| <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
|     "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
|  <head>
|    <title>I AM YOUR DOCUMENT TITLE REPLACE ME</title>
|  </head>
|
| <ul>
|  <li><a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwtVtcQQfqc&feature=player_embedded">Emacs Rocks 11 - swank-js</a></li>
| </ul>

`----

There are multiple errors and warnings that relate to the ampersand.

So I guess the URL is not quoted/sanitized properly.

--

@ 2015-02-05 11:27   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2015-02-05 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nicolas Goaziou writes:
> This looks like valid HTML code to me. Also it exports fine to HTML. Is
> there any restriction related to this specific to FreeMind?

Valid HTML, maybe (I've not checked).  Valid XML, no.
http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/File_format

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/DIY.html

* Re: [bug] Export to FreeMind (HTML) fails due to ampersant in URL
@ 2015-02-05 11:58     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-02-05 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou writes:
>> This looks like valid HTML code to me. Also it exports fine to HTML. Is
>> there any restriction related to this specific to FreeMind?
>
> Valid HTML, maybe (I've not checked).  Valid XML, no.
> http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/File_format

This should be fixed, then. Thank you.

* Re: [bug] Export to FreeMind (HTML) fails due to ampersant in URL
@ 2015-02-05 16:59     ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2015-02-05 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:
> Nicolas Goaziou writes:
>> This looks like valid HTML code to me. Also it exports fine to HTML. Is
>> there any restriction related to this specific to FreeMind?
>
> Valid HTML, maybe (I've not checked).  Valid XML, no.
> http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/File_format

Since FreeMind seems to use an XML format, I checked with XHTML
which is not HTML - you're right.

--

@ 2015-02-09  7:42       ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2015-02-09  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
> Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:
>
>> Nicolas Goaziou writes:
>>> This looks like valid HTML code to me. Also it exports fine to HTML. Is
>>> there any restriction related to this specific to FreeMind?
>>
>> Valid HTML, maybe (I've not checked).  Valid XML, no.
>> http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/File_format
>
> This should be fixed, then. Thank you.

I can confirm the working fix on my GNU/Linux and Win7 Pro.

Thank you!