* beamer and changing font size for example environment
@ 2014-10-11  8:42 Manfred Lotz
From: Manfred Lotz @ 2014-10-11  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Maybe a stupid question.

How could I change font size (in my case to smaller) for an example
environment in org-mode? Needed in export to Beamer pdf.

Manfred

* Re: beamer and changing font size for example environment
@ 2014-10-13  7:50 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-10-13  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manfred Lotz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Saturday, 11 Oct 2014 at 10:42, Manfred Lotz wrote:
> Maybe a stupid question.
>
> How could I change font size (in my case to smaller) for an example
> environment in org-mode? Needed in export to Beamer pdf.

Not sure what exactly you are asking but IIUC maybe something along
these lines will work for you:

#+latex: {\footnotesize

  org stuff here

#+latex: }

Choose the font size you want.

You can also /shrink/ individual frames in beamer.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-408-g39f5f0

* Re: beamer and changing font size for example environment
@ 2014-10-13 20:04   ` Manfred Lotz
From: Manfred Lotz @ 2014-10-13 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 08:50:09 +0100
Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Saturday, 11 Oct 2014 at 10:42, Manfred Lotz wrote:
> > Maybe a stupid question.
> >
> > How could I change font size (in my case to smaller) for an example
> > environment in org-mode? Needed in export to Beamer pdf.
>
> Not sure what exactly you are asking but IIUC maybe something along
> these lines will work for you:

> #+latex: {\footnotesize
>
>   org stuff here
>
> #+latex: }
>
> Choose the font size you want.
>
> You can also /shrink/ individual frames in beamer.

Thanks, that is what I was looking for.

--

@ 2014-10-15 19:52   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2014-10-15 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2014-10-13, at 09:50, Eric S Fraga wrote:

> You can also /shrink/ individual frames in beamer.

Please note that "can" does *not* imply "should".

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: beamer and changing font size for example environment
@ 2014-10-16  7:48     ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-10-16  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcin Borkowski; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wednesday, 15 Oct 2014 at 21:52, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> On 2014-10-13, at 09:50, Eric S Fraga wrote:
>
>> You can also /shrink/ individual frames in beamer.
>
> Please note that "can" does *not* imply "should".

Indeed but it's nice to know that it is possible for those cases where
it can be quite useful.

In my case, it's often when I'm presenting the solution to a
mathematical problem in a class and the whole solution is one line too
long to fit on a single slide.  I use very large text by default (bigger
option in beamer) so a temporary shrink is not horrendous!

For the record, and to have this post be somewhat on-topic, shrinking a
single slide is achieved by adding a BEAMER option property to the
frame's headline:

  * The frame title
    :PROPERTIES:
    :BEAMER_opt: shrink=10
    :END:

: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.1, Org release_8.3beta-372-gdd70cf