From: Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: org-8 manual on Amazon!
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 23:54:47 +0200	[thread overview]

On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 10:51:49AM -0700, Carlos Sosa wrote:
> Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:
>
> > John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:
> >
> >> I saw on twitter today the org mode 8 manual is available on Amazon
> >> today: http://www.amazon.com/dp/9881327709/. It looks like it covers Org 8.2.
> >
> > I'm surprised by the change of publisher¹ and fact that there is no
> > reference to this edition on orgmode.org. . .
> >
> > —Rasmus
> >

> > Footnotes:
> > ¹   Though Network Theory Ltd isn't printing new manuals cf. http://www.network-theory.co.uk/about.html.
>
> So if it's not referenced by orgmode.org, it means it was community
> made?

Looks like a new publisher publishing an updated version of the manual.
I'm wondering if it complies with the GFDL.  When the number of manuals
produced is geater than 100, the publisher is required to distribute the
source too[1].  I do not see any media included with the manual, although
maybe it is possible to point to a web url in the book.

Footnotes:

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Free_Documentation_License

--
Suvayu