* Cursive and 3 lines
@ 2014-01-27 10:21 Igor Sosa Mayor
From: Igor Sosa Mayor @ 2014-01-27 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I'm using orgmode 8.2.5g and I see a small bug (?) with the cursive
/.../ when the text goes over 2 lines, that is, for instance 3 lines:

JÜTTE, Robert: /Obrigkeitliche Armenfürsorge in deutschen
Reichsstädten der Frühen Neuzeit: Städtisches Armenwesen in Frankfurt
am Main und Köln/ (Köln: Böhlau, 1984).

At least in my emacs I don't see any mark of cursive. And for instance
it is not being exported as cursive to ODT, latex, etc.

many thanks in advance!

--
:: Igor Sosa Mayor     :: joseleopoldo1792@gmail.com ::
:: GnuPG: 0x1C1E2890   :: http://www.gnupg.org/      ::

* Re: Cursive and 3 lines
@ 2014-01-27 10:25 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-27 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Igor Sosa Mayor; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Igor,

Igor Sosa Mayor <joseleopoldo1792@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using orgmode 8.2.5g and I see a small bug (?) with the cursive
> /.../ when the text goes over 2 lines, that is, for instance 3 lines:
>
> JÜTTE, Robert: /Obrigkeitliche Armenfürsorge in deutschen
> Reichsstädten der Frühen Neuzeit: Städtisches Armenwesen in Frankfurt
> am Main und Köln/ (Köln: Böhlau, 1984).
>
> At least in my emacs I don't see any mark of cursive. And for instance
> it is not being exported as cursive to ODT, latex, etc.

You need to customize `org-emphasis-regexp-components', the last
element of this option defines the number of newlines to accept.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Cursive and 3 lines
@ 2014-01-27 10:34   ` Igor Sosa Mayor
From: Igor Sosa Mayor @ 2014-01-27 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

Am Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:25:20AM +0100, Bastien wrote:
> You need to customize `org-emphasis-regexp-components', the last
> element of this option defines the number of newlines to accept.

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it is not really working. I have
at the moment
(setq org-emphasis-regexp-components
      '(" \t('\"{" "- \t.,:!?;'\")}\\" " \t\r\n,\"'" "." 3))

but I get the saem result (emacs version: 24.3)... maybe it is
conflicting with other configurations (I have a very very long
org-config...)

thanks again!

--

@ 2014-01-27 10:50     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-27 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Igor Sosa Mayor; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Igor,

Igor Sosa Mayor <joseleopoldo1792@gmail.com> writes:

> Am Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:25:20AM +0100, Bastien wrote:
>> You need to customize `org-emphasis-regexp-components', the last
>> element of this option defines the number of newlines to accept.
>
> thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it is not really working. I have
> at the moment
> (setq org-emphasis-regexp-components
>       '(" \t('\"{" "- \t.,:!?;'\")}\\" " \t\r\n,\"'" "." 3))

Caveat: you need to restart Emacs for a change in this option
to take effect (see the docstring of the option.)

> but I get the saem result (emacs version: 24.3)... maybe it is
> conflicting with other configurations (I have a very very long
> org-config...)

Yes, providing a minimal configuration file to reproduce the
problem usually helps getting rid of the problem :)

--
 Bastien

* Re: Cursive and 3 lines
@ 2014-01-27 10:53       ` Igor Sosa Mayor
From: Igor Sosa Mayor @ 2014-01-27 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

> Caveat: you need to restart Emacs for a change in this option
> to take effect (see the docstring of the option.)

yes, I forgot to mention that I have of course restarted emacs, but it
did not help...

> Yes, providing a minimal configuration file to reproduce the
> problem usually helps getting rid of the problem :)

well, I will have a look at it when I have time. It is not so important
at the moment.

In any case, many thanks for your answers and for your work!