* [BUG] Export snippet translations are ignored
@ 2013-10-25 11:36 Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-10-25 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Org mode

Hi,

I noticed yesterday that export snippet translations are being ignored.
I have tested this behaviour in a minimal Emacs instance.

1. $ emacs -Q -l minimal-org.el
2. Eval:
   (add-to-list 'org-export-snippet-translation-alist
	     '(("b" . "beamer")
	       ("l" . "latex")))
3. Try exporting to beamer the following line: "Shown in
   @@b:{\color{myblue}blue}@@."  I get: "Shown in ."  Replacing @@b:
   with @@beamer: works.

Suvayu

* Re: [BUG] Export snippet translations are ignored
@ 2013-10-25 17:09 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-10-25 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suvayu Ali; +Cc: Emacs Org mode

Hello,

Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> I noticed yesterday that export snippet translations are being ignored.
> I have tested this behaviour in a minimal Emacs instance.
>
> 1. $ emacs -Q -l minimal-org.el
> 2. Eval:
>    (add-to-list 'org-export-snippet-translation-alist
> 	     '(("b" . "beamer")
> 	       ("l" . "latex")))

This produces an invalid value for the variable:

  '((("b" . "beamer") ("l" . "latex")))

Notice the spurious pair of parens.

You may use:

  (add-to-list 'org-export-snippet-translation-alist
               '("b" . "beamer"))
  (add-to-list 'org-export-snippet-translation-alist
               '("l" . "latex"))

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [BUG] Export snippet translations are ignored
@ 2013-10-25 18:36   ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-10-25 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Emacs Org mode

Hi Nicolas,

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 07:09:13PM +0200, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I noticed yesterday that export snippet translations are being ignored.
> > I have tested this behaviour in a minimal Emacs instance.
> >
> > 1. $ emacs -Q -l minimal-org.el
> > 2. Eval:
> >    (add-to-list 'org-export-snippet-translation-alist
> > 	     '(("b" . "beamer")
> > 	       ("l" . "latex")))
>
> This produces an invalid value for the variable:
>
>   '((("b" . "beamer") ("l" . "latex")))
>
> Notice the spurious pair of parens.
>
> You may use:
>
>   (add-to-list 'org-export-snippet-translation-alist
>                '("b" . "beamer"))
>   (add-to-list 'org-export-snippet-translation-alist
>                '("l" . "latex"))

Thank you, I must have changed it recently.  Sorry for the noise.

--
Suvayu