* Adding time intervals [OT?]
@ 2013-10-01  9:33 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2013-10-01  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I am pretty sure that I've read about functions for summing time
intervals so that as a result, we don't get the "largest possible"
interval (like in [1,2] + [3,4] = [4,6]), but something more along the
lines of "time estimate" (where assuming that everything will happen at
the fastest or slowest possible pace is unrealistic, since the
estimates are uncorrelated).  Unfortunately, I can't remember where I
read that.  I did a quick grep on Calc and Org manuals and didn't find
it - but maybe I'm missing something?  Or maybe I was just dreaming and
Emacs does not have anything like that?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: Adding time intervals [OT?]
@ 2013-10-01  9:39 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-10-01  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Marcin,

Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> I am pretty sure that I've read about functions for summing time
> intervals so that as a result, we don't get the "largest possible"
> interval (like in [1,2] + [3,4] = [4,6]), but something more along the
> lines of "time estimate" (where assuming that everything will happen at
> the fastest or slowest possible pace is unrealistic, since the
> estimates are uncorrelated).  Unfortunately, I can't remember where I
> read that.  I did a quick grep on Calc and Org manuals and didn't find
> it - but maybe I'm missing something?  Or maybe I was just dreaming and
> Emacs does not have anything like that?

See "Estimate ranges in column view" on
http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ@public.gmane.org/msg26175.html.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Adding time intervals [OT?]
@ 2013-10-01  9:47   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2013-10-01  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dnia 2013-10-01, o godz. 11:39:31
"Sebastien Vauban" <sva-news@mygooglest.com> napisał(a):

> Hi Marcin,
>
> Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> > I am pretty sure that I've read about functions for summing time
> > intervals so that as a result, we don't get the "largest possible"
> > interval (like in [1,2] + [3,4] = [4,6]), but something more along
> > the lines of "time estimate" (where assuming that everything will
> > happen at the fastest or slowest possible pace is unrealistic,
> > since the estimates are uncorrelated).  Unfortunately, I can't
> > remember where I read that.  I did a quick grep on Calc and Org
> > manuals and didn't find it - but maybe I'm missing something?  Or
> > maybe I was just dreaming and Emacs does not have anything like
> > that?
>
> See "Estimate ranges in column view" on
> http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg26175.html.

Thanks, that's it!  (I would never try to look for it /there/...  The
only way to discover this is to read the /whole/ of the Org manual -
which I did, some time ago...)

> Best regards,
>   Seb

Best,