* Non-interactive org-schedule
@ 2013-09-23 10:46 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2013-09-23 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'd like to call org-schedule from an Elisp function.  I'd like it to,
say, insert today's date by default, and as a bonus, a repeater (I'm
writing a custom org-insert-habit function, so that I can automate
setting the STYLE and LOGGING proerties).  Calling just (org-schedule)
did not work.  How to do that?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: Non-interactive org-schedule
@ 2013-09-23 19:46 ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2013-09-23 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dnia 2013-09-23, o godz. 12:46:35
Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> napisał(a):

> I'd like to call org-schedule from an Elisp function.  I'd like it to,
> say, insert today's date by default, and as a bonus, a repeater (I'm
> writing a custom org-insert-habit function, so that I can automate
> setting the STYLE and LOGGING proerties).  Calling just (org-schedule)
> did not work.  How to do that?

OK, so I did my homework.  (I had done it previously, too, but I ran
(apropos "today") which wasn't exactly what was needed;).)  Here's the
code:

(org-schedule nil (format-time-string "%Y-%m-%d" (current-time)))

Adding a repeater seems to require something along the lines of

(save-excursion
  (search-forward ">")
  (backward-char)
  (insert (concat
    " .+"
    (read-string "Minimum interval: ")
    "/"
    (read-string "Maximum interval: "))))

(I realize that this is *very* crude implementation, but remember that
it's a quick-and-dirty hack to be used once every few days at most, so
coding it in an elegant way would be a bit of waste of time...)

> Best,

Cheers,

--

@ 2013-09-23 20:45   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2013-09-23 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dnia 2013-09-23, o godz. 21:46:10
Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> napisał(a):

> [...]
> (I'm writing a custom org-insert-habit function, so that I can
> [...]

#+BEGIN_SHAMELESS_PLUG
Just in case someone might need something like this.  (Not that it's
difficult, but why reinvent the wheel.)  The code is ugly and crude,
and not very general, but works for me.

http://mbork.pl/2013-09-23_Automatic_insertion_of_habit_templates_%28en%29
#+END_SHAMELESS_PLUG

Best,