* Best way to generate textile from orgmode ?
@ 2013-04-11 20:11 Marc-Oliver Ihm
From: Marc-Oliver Ihm @ 2013-04-11 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello list,

i would like to convert orgmode to textile (which is used within confluence wiki).

What is the best way to do this ?

New exporter already or external programs ?

Thanx and best regards,
Marc

* Re: Best way to generate textile from orgmode ?
@ 2013-04-12  5:36 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-12  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc-Oliver Ihm; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Marc-Oliver,

Marc-Oliver Ihm <marc@ihm.name> writes:

> i would like to convert orgmode to textile (which is used within confluence wiki).
>
> What is the best way to do this ?

The best way would be to write a textile exporter.

For this you need to define a new derived exporter from 'ascii.

Get a fresh clone of Org and see how this is done in ox-md.el,
which create a MarkDown exporter by deriving it from the ascii
one.

Also note there is contrib/lisp/ox-confluence.el by Sébastien
Delafond which can be used for Confluence Wiki.

Hope that helps,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Best way to generate textile from orgmode ?
@ 2013-04-12 13:09   ` Christian Egli
From: Christian Egli @ 2013-04-12 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Marc-Oliver,
>
> Marc-Oliver Ihm <marc@ihm.name> writes:
>
>> i would like to convert orgmode to textile (which is used within confluence wiki).
>>
>> What is the best way to do this ?
>
> The best way would be to write a textile exporter.

I agree that this would be for the benefit of everyone. But you could
also just export to md and use pandoc to convert to textile.

Christian

--
Christian Egli

* Re: Best way to generate textile from orgmode ?
@ 2013-04-12 20:41     ` Marc-Oliver Ihm
From: Marc-Oliver Ihm @ 2013-04-12 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hm; good reply.
I will try ...

best regards, Marc

@ 2013-04-15 21:49   ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-04-15 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 07:36:26AM +0200, Bastien wrote:
> For this you need to define a new derived exporter from 'ascii.
>
> Get a fresh clone of Org and see how this is done in ox-md.el,
> which create a MarkDown exporter by deriving it from the ascii
> one.

Actually ox-md derives from ox-html.  It was not clear to me why that is
the case though.  I would have thought ox-ascii is the obvious choice.
Only reason I could think of was referencing/linking is more natural
with ox-html.

--
Suvayu

* Re: Best way to generate textile from orgmode ?
@ 2013-04-16  8:43     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-04-16  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suvayu Ali; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 07:36:26AM +0200, Bastien wrote:
>> For this you need to define a new derived exporter from 'ascii.
>>
>> Get a fresh clone of Org and see how this is done in ox-md.el,
>> which create a MarkDown exporter by deriving it from the ascii
>> one.
>
> Actually ox-md derives from ox-html.  It was not clear to me why that is
> the case though.

Simple. Markdown syntax supports raw HTML. So anything not supported by
Markdown can be written as HTML.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Best way to generate textile from orgmode ?
@ 2013-04-16  9:21       ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-04-16  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:43:39AM +0200, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 07:36:26AM +0200, Bastien wrote:
> >> For this you need to define a new derived exporter from 'ascii.
> >>
> >> Get a fresh clone of Org and see how this is done in ox-md.el,
> >> which create a MarkDown exporter by deriving it from the ascii
> >> one.
> >
> > Actually ox-md derives from ox-html.  It was not clear to me why that is
> > the case though.
>
> Simple. Markdown syntax supports raw HTML. So anything not supported by
> Markdown can be written as HTML.

Simple indeed!  I did not know that bit of information.

Suvayu

* Re: Best way to generate textile from orgmode ?
@ 2014-02-16  9:24 ` Yasushi SHOJI
From: Yasushi SHOJI @ 2014-02-16  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Marc,

# way too late to reply but...

At Thu, 11 Apr 2013 22:11:49 +0200,
Marc-Oliver Ihm wrote:

> i would like to convert orgmode to textile (which is used within confluence wiki).

I was hoping that someone's gonna beat me to it. but hey, it's much
fun to write elisp than textile (it's redmine in my case ;-p).

https://github.com/yashi/org-textile

Only some basic formats are supported right now, but quite useful for
me, at least.  Hope it is as well for you.

It's also in melpa, thanks to @purcell.

Best,
--
            yashi

* Re: Best way to generate textile from orgmode ?
@ 2014-03-01  8:15   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-03-01  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yasushi SHOJI; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Yasushi,