* Date-tree capture confused when nearby trees have dates
@ 2013-04-14 23:04 Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-04-14 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Org mode

Hi Orgers,

I came a cross a curious problem.  When I try to capture with the
following template:

(setq org-capture-templates
      '(("m" "Meeting notes" entry (file+datetree "~/tmp/tests/target.org")
	 "**** %^{prompt} %U\n%?")
	))

Capture gets confused and cannot find the real date-tree if there are
nearby trees with headlines like this:

  ** 2013 June - Event 2
  ** 2013 March - Event 1

You can replicate this by using the file target_before.org (attached) as
a capture target.  I expect the captured entry to go under

  * 2013
  ** 2013-04 April
  *** 2013-04-15 Monday

Instead it goes under "Topical lectures" as shown by target_after.org
(attached).

Is this a bug, or am I making a mistake?  Any ideas?

--
Suvayu