* Using a table value within the text (dynamic variable)?
@ 2013-04-09 19:59 'Mash (Thomas Herbert)
From: 'Mash (Thomas Herbert) @ 2013-04-09 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Org

I was wondering if it was possible at all to use like a "variable" within a
document that would reference a table cell, and could then be
dynamically updated when the table cell was?

The reason I ask is that I would like to have have tabular data held
in another document and then write my document referencing and
including the data within the text, so I only have to change the
external data and the document would be updated automatically.

Example...

#+TBLNAME: example
|-----+-----|
| Foo | Bar |
|-----+-----|
|  22 | 43  |
|  44 | 54  |
|-----+-----|

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, @remote(example,B2) consectetur adipiscing elit. Nullam
vehicula lobortis sem, ut viverra lorem elementum quis. Etiam ac lacus
eu ante molestie vehicula. Maecenas sed viverra sem. Proin mattis
fermentum orci, sed tempus nibh feugiat eget.

Would become...

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, 43 consectetur adipiscing elit. Nullam
vehicula lobortis sem, ut viverra lorem elementum quis. Etiam ac lacus
eu ante molestie vehicula. Maecenas sed viverra sem. Proin mattis
fermentum orci, sed tempus nibh feugiat eget.

Thoughts?