* [BUG]HTML export convert line-break into a space
@ 2013-01-10  2:38 163
From: 163 @ 2013-01-10  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

As the title, HTML export would generate a extra space with the option:
at the beginning of the org file.

A extra space seems not important as in English, but somewhat ugly in Chinese.
So, could anyone give me some advices

Thanks,

Rocky Zhang

* Re: [BUG]HTML export convert line-break into a space
@ 2013-01-10 10:43 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-10 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rockyzhz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rocky,

163(rockyzhz) <rockyzhz@163.com> writes:

> As the title, HTML export would generate a extra space with the option:
> at the beginning of the org file.

I don't understand what the problem exactly is.

Can you give an example of an .org file and its .html export
and point at what is wrong exactly in the HTML export?

 Bastien

* 回复: Re:  [BUG]HTML export convert line-break into a space
@ 2013-01-10 12:59   ` 163
From: 163 @ 2013-01-10 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

For example, the org file(between the two lines) is:

Example

abcde
fghijk
Then:
C-c C-e h

In HTML file, you will see that there is a space between the two strings:
abcde fghijk

This result is natural and good in English, but in Chinese
these is NOT any space among words typically, the extra space
converted from line-break would seem weird and somewhat ugly.

So could you provide an option for Chinese to avoid the extra space?

Thanks,

Rocky Zhang

From: Bastien
Date: 2013-01-10 18:43
To: rockyzhz
CC: emacs-orgmode
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG]HTML export convert line-break into a space
Hi Rocky,

163(rockyzhz) <rockyzhz@163.com> writes:

> As the title, HTML export would generate a extra space with the option:
> at the beginning of the org file.

I don't understand what the problem exactly is.

Can you give an example of an .org file and its .html export
and point at what is wrong exactly in the HTML export?

 Bastien

* Re: 回复: Re:  [BUG]HTML export convert line-break into a space
@ 2013-01-10 13:59     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-10 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rockyzhz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rocky,

163(rockyzhz) <rockyzhz@163.com> writes:

> This result is natural and good in English, but in Chinese
> these is NOT any space among words typically, the extra space
> converted from line-break would seem weird and somewhat ugly.
>
> So could you provide an option for Chinese to avoid the extra space?

This is not feasible with the current exporter.

But we might do this with the exporter for 8.0, I'll add
this on my TODO list.

 Bastien

* Re: [BUG]HTML export convert line-break into a space
@ 2013-01-12  2:40       ` Rocky Zhang
From: Rocky Zhang @ 2013-01-12  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,