* Re: Network Diagram
@ 2013-09-29 23:18 ` Suvayu Ali
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-09-29 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 12:54:12AM +0000, Esben Stien wrote:
> Any way to create something like a network diagram with org-mode?
>
> I looked in the manual and found state change diagrams and sequence
> diagrams, but nothing that would help me plan a network with routers and
> switches.

You can try TikZ.  Org supports processing of TikZ blocks.  If your
needs are simpler, try ditaa; again Org supports ditaa blocks natively.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu

* Re: Network Diagram
@ 2013-09-30  0:27 ` Michael Gauland
From: Michael Gauland @ 2013-09-30  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Esben Stien <b0ef <at> esben-stien.name> writes:
> Any way to create something like a network diagram with org-mode?

I haven't tried doing network diagrams, but I've found dot (graphviz),
PlantUML, and Asymptote very flexible.

* Network Diagram
@ 2013-09-30  0:54 Esben Stien
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Esben Stien @ 2013-09-30  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Org mode

Any way to create something like a network diagram with org-mode?

I looked in the manual and found state change diagrams and sequence
diagrams, but nothing that would help me plan a network with routers and
switches.

Any pointers?

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m

* Re: Network Diagram
@ 2013-09-30  3:46   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2013-09-30  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Michael Gauland <mikelygee@amuri.net> writes:

> Esben Stien <b0ef <at> esben-stien.name> writes:
>> Any way to create something like a network diagram with org-mode?
>
> I haven't tried doing network diagrams, but I've found dot (graphviz),
> PlantUML, and Asymptote very flexible.

I used dot for some fairly simple network diagrams. It produced decent
output with minimum effort: not perfect, but good enough given my time
constraints at the time.

--
Nick

* Re: Network Diagram
@ 2013-09-30  4:38 ` Noorul Islam K M
From: Noorul Islam K M @ 2013-09-30  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Esben Stien; +Cc: Emacs Org mode

Esben Stien <b0ef@esben-stien.name> writes:

> Any way to create something like a network diagram with org-mode?
>
> I looked in the manual and found state change diagrams and sequence
> diagrams, but nothing that would help me plan a network with routers and
> switches.
>
> Any pointers?

You can find example here http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html for the
tools others mentioned in this thread.

Thanks and Regards
Noorul

* Re: Network Diagram
@ 2013-09-30 10:39   ` OSiUX
From: OSiUX @ 2013-09-30 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

El lun, 30 sep 2013, Noorul Islam K M decía:

> Esben Stien <b0ef@esben-stien.name> writes:
>
> > Any way to create something like a network diagram with org-mode?
> >
> > I looked in the manual and found state change diagrams and sequence
> > diagrams, but nothing that would help me plan a network with routers and
> > switches.
> >
> > Any pointers?
>
> You can find example here http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html for the
> tools others mentioned in this thread.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Noorul

A good tool is blockdiag:

- http://osiux.com/img/osiux-network.png
- http://pub.osiux.com/osiux-network.diag
- http://blockdiag.com/en/nwdiag/index.html

--

::

  Osiris Alejandro Gomez (OSiUX) osiux@osiux.com.ar
  DC44 95D2 0D5D D544 FC1A F00F B308 A671 9237 D36C
  http://www.osiux.com.ar http://www.altermundi.net

* Re: Network Diagram
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2013-09-30 11:46 ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-09-30 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Esben Stien <b0ef@esben-stien.name> wrote:
> Any way to create something like a network diagram with org-mode?

Maybe [1] is able to help you. Not exactly the same topic but close
I guess.

  1. http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-dot-diagrams.html
--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github

* Re: Network Diagram
@ 2013-09-30 15:45     ` Esben Stien
From: Esben Stien @ 2013-09-30 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

OSiUX <xuiso@osiux.com.ar> writes:

> A good tool is blockdiag:
>
> - http://osiux.com/img/osiux-network.png
> - http://pub.osiux.com/osiux-network.diag
> - http://blockdiag.com/en/nwdiag/index.html

Yeah, that's pretty wicked. Thanks;)

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m

* Re: Network Diagram
@ 2013-09-30 15:46     ` Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2013-09-30 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 11:46:03PM -0400, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Michael Gauland <mikelygee@amuri.net> writes:
>
> > Esben Stien <b0ef <at> esben-stien.name> writes:
> >> Any way to create something like a network diagram with org-mode?

I've started using yEd for all of my diagrams. It's just
straightforward topology (ie: not Visio), but it can auto-arrange
beautifully! Export to PDF and include in Org when publishing.

Thanks.