* Output of R babel blocks with quotes is mangled/truncated
@ 2012-07-08  3:22 Viktor Rosenfeld
From: Viktor Rosenfeld @ 2012-07-08  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

if a value outputted by R in a Babel block contains quotes only the
quoted parted is exported.

Consider this:

#+BEGIN_SRC R
q = 'cat="S"'
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: S

The expected result would be entire string, i.e. 'cat="S"' (without
single quotes). Is there a workaround? I've tried escaping with
backslashes to no avail.

Cheers,
Viktor

* Re: Output of R babel blocks with quotes is mangled/truncated
@ 2012-07-08 15:28 ` cberry
From: cberry @ 2012-07-08 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Viktor Rosenfeld <listuser36@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> if a value outputted by R in a Babel block contains quotes only the
> quoted parted is exported.

Try

#+begin_src R  :results verbatim
q = 'cat="S"'

#+end_src

--
Charles C. Berry                            Dept of Family/Preventive Medicine
cberry at ucsd edu			    UC San Diego

* Re: Output of R babel blocks with quotes is mangled/truncated
@ 2012-07-08 20:47   ` Viktor Rosenfeld
From: Viktor Rosenfeld @ 2012-07-08 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Charles,
cberry@tajo.ucsd.edu wrote:

> Viktor Rosenfeld <listuser36@googlemail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > if a value outputted by R in a Babel block contains quotes only the
> > quoted parted is exported.
> >

> Try
>
> #+begin_src R  :results verbatim
> q = 'cat="S"'
>
> #+end_src

This is not a solution since I want to output vectors or data frames
from R as a table.

E.g. the following should return a table, but verbatim returns a quoted
block which I cannot use further in my processing:

#+NAME: quote-mangling
#+BEGIN_SRC R
q = c('cat="S"', 'pos="VVFIN"')
#+END_SRC

I also tried an extra newline at the end, but it makes no difference.

Cheers,
Viktor