* latex-export custom header?
@ 2012-06-12 15:56 renato
From: renato @ 2012-06-12 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, I'm really enjoying the org-mode + cdlatex combo. One question
though, how can I customize the latex header produced by
org-export-as-latex ? I really need to add some \newcommand and
\newtheorem statements.

best wishes,
renato

* Re: latex-export custom header?
@ 2012-06-12 18:39 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2012-06-12 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Renato,

renato wrote:
> Hi, I'm really enjoying the org-mode + cdlatex combo. One question
> though, how can I customize the latex header produced by
> org-export-as-latex ? I really need to add some \newcommand and
> \newtheorem statements.

A quick answer. Many, in fact.

Common solutions are:

- put your extra stuff in an external .org file, and insert it wherever you
  want via SETUPFILE

- make a new LaTeX class file, and customize Org (`org-export-latex-classes')
  to use that one, instead of the default one.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: latex-export custom header?
@ 2012-06-12 18:49 ` Manuel Batsching
From: Manuel Batsching @ 2012-06-12 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On a per file basis, you can add extra lines to your LaTeX export
header by using "#+LATEX_HEADER: ".

(See: http://orgmode.org/org.html#Export-options)

To get your custom commands also to work with the preview of LaTeX
fragments, you may customise the "org-format-latex-header" variable.

Actually I don't know if there is a way to add something to
"org-format-latex-header" on a per-file basis... Is there?

Cheers,
Manuel

@ 2012-06-13 13:24   ` renato
From: renato @ 2012-06-13 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Batsching; +Cc: Sebastien Vauban, emacs-orgmode

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 20:49:48 +0200
Manuel Batsching <flammschild@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On a per file basis, you can add extra lines to your LaTeX export
> header by using "#+LATEX_HEADER: ".
>
> (See: http://orgmode.org/org.html#Export-options)

Thanks Manuel and Sebastien, you answered my question multiple times!
I'll have a try at these methods and see what I like best,

thanks again,
renato