* Agenda hides timestamp
@ 2012-09-02 10:46 Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2012-09-02 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

I do have an entry like following in misc.org_archive:

,----
| ** DONE <2012-09-01 Sat 14:00-15:00> foo bar
| CLOSED: [2012-09-01 Sat 15:10]
| :LOGBOOK:
| - State "DONE"       from "NEXT"       [2012-09-01 Sat 15:10]
| :END:
| :PROPERTIES:
| :CREATED:  [2012-08-29 Wed 19:44]
| :ARCHIVE_TIME: 2012-09-01 Sat 15:10
| :ARCHIVE_FILE: ~/share/all/org-mode/misc.org
| :ARCHIVE_OLPATH: Anzuschauen
| :ARCHIVE_CATEGORY: misc
| :ARCHIVE_TODO: DONE
| :ARCHIVE_ITAGS: 2watch
| :END:
`----

I'd like to see this entry on my agenda according to its timestamp
at least when I also add [A]rch-files and probably [L]og-all.

For now, it never shows up.

As far as I know (and I am no Org expert!), I am using only
following settings which might have an effect on this:

,----
| (setq org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date nil)
| (setq org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines (quote far))
| (setq org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled (quote future))
| ;(setq org-archive-mark-done t)
| (setq org-agenda-skip-deadline-if-done t)
| (setq org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done t)
| ;(setq org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done t)
| (setq org-log-done (quote time))
| (setq org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-deadline-is-shown t)
`----

My complete Org-mode setup is available (for 72h) on:
http://paste.grml.org/hidden/0e0b6b45/

Yes, org-agenda-files contains «misc.org».

What might be the cause for not displaying the entry above?

Thanks!

--
Karl Voit

* Re: Agenda hides timestamp
@ 2012-09-02 11:00 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-02 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: news1142; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Karl,

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> I'd like to see this entry on my agenda according to its timestamp
> at least when I also add [A]rch-files and probably [L]og-all.
>
> For now, it never shows up.

I cannot reproduce the problem with emacs -Q and your settings,
it shows up with a simple M-x org-agenda RET a

Can you try with emacs -Q and confirm we need to further investigate
your file/config?

 Bastien

* org-agenda-sticky -> Recursive load (was: Agenda hides timestamp)
@ 2012-09-02 12:30   ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2012-09-02 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien!

* Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>
>> I'd like to see this entry on my agenda according to its timestamp
>> at least when I also add [A]rch-files and probably [L]og-all.
>>
>> For now, it never shows up.
>
> I cannot reproduce the problem with emacs -Q and your settings,
> it shows up with a simple M-x org-agenda RET a
>
> Can you try with emacs -Q and confirm we need to further investigate
> your file/config?

emacs -Q does not even know Org at my side :-)

Nevertheless, the problem is somewhere completely different. When I
started with --debug-init I recognized an error «Recursive load:
...» of several elc files.

This does not show up, when I disable «(setq org-agenda-sticky t)».
In that case, I get the desired behavior with the foo bar event
showing up on my agenda.

I checked out the latest git version and can reproduce this issue.

I am unsure if this is my configuration being copy&paste of things I
do not completely understand or a bug :-(

I can live without a sticky agenda but I am also happy to help
narrowing down the problem, if it is a bug.

--
Karl Voit

* Re: org-agenda-sticky -> Recursive load
@ 2012-09-02 12:49     ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2012-09-02 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> wrote:
> Hi Bastien!
>
> This does not show up, when I disable «(setq org-agenda-sticky t)».
> In that case, I get the desired behavior with the foo bar event
> showing up on my agenda.
>
> I checked out the latest git version and can reproduce this issue.

Is this similar to Ken Mankoffs issue with «Re: timestamped
items not showing in today agenda view»?

--

@ 2012-09-02 21:05     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-02 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: news1142; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Karl,

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> I checked out the latest git version and can reproduce this issue.
>
> I am unsure if this is my configuration being copy&paste of things I
> do not completely understand or a bug :-(
>
> I can live without a sticky agenda but I am also happy to help
> narrowing down the problem, if it is a bug.

Mhh.. let's hunt this a bit further then.

I assume you have a fresh git installation (no .elc first and no
previous ghost installation behind the scene).

You start with emacs -Q

You load a minimal .emacs.el and open a .org file and fire up an
agenda view.  Can you send me .emacs.el and the .org file (and your
version of Emacs and Org)?

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: org-agenda-sticky -> Recursive load
@ 2012-09-02 21:06       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-02 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: news1142; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> * Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> wrote:
>> Hi Bastien!
>>
>> This does not show up, when I disable «(setq org-agenda-sticky t)».
>> In that case, I get the desired behavior with the foo bar event
>> showing up on my agenda.
>>
>> I checked out the latest git version and can reproduce this issue.
>
> Is this similar to Ken Mankoffs issue with «Re: timestamped
> items not showing in today agenda view»?

No, unless the guilty agenda view uses <today> instead of <now> but
you'd have noticed this :)

--
 Bastien

* Re: org-agenda-sticky -> Recursive load
@ 2012-09-02 21:33       ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2012-09-02 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: news1142, emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi Karl,
>
> Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>
>> I checked out the latest git version and can reproduce this issue.
>>
>> I am unsure if this is my configuration being copy&paste of things I
>> do not completely understand or a bug :-(
>>
>> I can live without a sticky agenda but I am also happy to help
>> narrowing down the problem, if it is a bug.
>
> Mhh.. let's hunt this a bit further then.
>
> I assume you have a fresh git installation (no .elc first and no
> previous ghost installation behind the scene).

Aloha all,

Is there a command that can be used to determine if there is a "ghost
installation behind the scene?"

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: org-agenda-sticky -> Recursive load
@ 2012-09-14  6:11         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-14  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: news1142, emacs-orgmode

Hi Thomas,

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> Is there a command that can be used to determine if there is a "ghost
> installation behind the scene?"

I guess you already know this, so my help is not probably much here,
but M-x org-version RET tells you whether there is a mixed installation.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: org-agenda-sticky -> Recursive load
@ 2012-09-14 15:23           ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2012-09-14 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: news1142, emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
>> Is there a command that can be used to determine if there is a "ghost
>> installation behind the scene?"
>
> I guess you already know this, so my help is not probably much here,
> but M-x org-version RET tells you whether there is a mixed installation.
>
> Best,

Thanks Bastien.  I've updated the FAQ with this information.

All the best,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813