* Error in post-command-hook: (void-variable org-ans1)
@ 2011-09-14 18:47 Diep Pham Van
From: Diep Pham Van @ 2011-09-14 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I get this error: "Error in post-command-hook: (void-variable
org-ans1)" every time I want to use schedule or deadline. After that,
the error message appear with any command. After some minutes, this
error message disappear and I can use anny command as expected.

This problem happens with both the version ship with emacs 23.3 or
latest version (7.7).

This is my .emacs config.

http://pastebin.com/sQaTYJCR

C-h v post-command-hook before the problem appear:

post-command-hook is a variable defined in `C source code'.
Its value is
(linum-update-current ac-handle-post-command
autopair-post-command-handler t)

Local in buffer .emacs; global value is
(global-font-lock-mode-check-buffers global-linum-mode-check-buffers
global-auto-complete-mode-check-buffers
autopair-global-mode-check-buffers yas/global-mode-check-buffers
global-hl-line-highlight)

After:
post-command-hook\ \ \  is void as a variable.

Documentation:
Not documented as a variable.

I've search around and still could not solve the problem.
Anyone help me with this?

* Re: Error in post-command-hook: (void-variable org-ans1)
@ 2011-09-15 10:04 ` Olaf Dietsche
From: Olaf Dietsche @ 2011-09-15 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diep Pham Van; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Diep Pham Van <imeo@favadi.com> writes:

> I get this error: "Error in post-command-hook: (void-variable
> org-ans1)" every time I want to use schedule or deadline. After that,
> the error message appear with any command. After some minutes, this
> error message disappear and I can use anny command as expected.
>
> This problem happens with both the version ship with emacs 23.3 or
> latest version (7.7).
>
> This is my .emacs config.
>
> http://pastebin.com/sQaTYJCR
>
> C-h v post-command-hook before the problem appear:
>
> post-command-hook is a variable defined in `C source code'.
> Its value is
> (linum-update-current ac-handle-post-command
> autopair-post-command-handler t)
>
> Local in buffer .emacs; global value is
> (global-font-lock-mode-check-buffers global-linum-mode-check-buffers
> global-auto-complete-mode-check-buffers
> autopair-global-mode-check-buffers yas/global-mode-check-buffers
> global-hl-line-highlight)

Have you tried disabling or reducing these modes? One of them or a
combination is responsible for the error you get.

Regards, Olaf

* Re: Error in post-command-hook: (void-variable org-ans1)
@ 2011-09-15 10:34   ` Diep Pham Van
From: Diep Pham Van @ 2011-09-15 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olaf Dietsche; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:04:30 +0200
Olaf Dietsche <olaf+list.orgmode@olafdietsche.de> wrote:

> Diep Pham Van <imeo@favadi.com> writes:
>
> > I get this error: "Error in post-command-hook: (void-variable
> > org-ans1)" every time I want to use schedule or deadline. After
> > that, the error message appear with any command. After some
> > minutes, this error message disappear and I can use anny command as
> > expected.
> >
> > This problem happens with both the version ship with emacs 23.3 or
> > latest version (7.7).
> >
> > This is my .emacs config.
> >
> > http://pastebin.com/sQaTYJCR
> >
> > C-h v post-command-hook before the problem appear:
> >
> > post-command-hook is a variable defined in `C source code'.
> > Its value is
> > (linum-update-current ac-handle-post-command
> > autopair-post-command-handler t)
> >
> > Local in buffer .emacs; global value is
> > (global-font-lock-mode-check-buffers global-linum-mode-check-buffers
> > global-auto-complete-mode-check-buffers
> > autopair-global-mode-check-buffers yas/global-mode-check-buffers
> > global-hl-line-highlight)
>
> Have you tried disabling or reducing these modes? One of them or a
> combination is responsible for the error you get.
>
> Regards, Olaf

After disable all these mode. C-h v:

post-command-hook is a variable defined in `C source code'.
Its value is nil

  This variable is potentially risky when used as a file local variable.

Documentation:
Normal hook run after each command is executed.
If an unhandled error happens in running this hook,
the hook value is set to nil, since otherwise the error
might happen repeatedly and make Emacs nonfunctional.

And the problem is still appear.
--

PHẠM Văn Điệp

h  : http://favadi.com
e  : imeo@favadi.com
e2 : favadi.ak44@gmail.com
m  : +84 339 841

p  : Information system and communication technology
u  : Hanoi University of Science and Technology (PFIEV - Programme de
Formation d’Ingénieurs d’Excellence au Vietnam)

k  : h = home, e = email, e2 = second_email, m = mobile, p =
professional, u = university, k = key

* Re: Error in post-command-hook: (void-variable org-ans1)
@ 2011-09-15 10:54   ` Diep Pham Van
From: Diep Pham Van @ 2011-09-15 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olaf Dietsche; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:04:30 +0200
Olaf Dietsche <olaf+list.orgmode@olafdietsche.de> wrote:

> Diep Pham Van <imeo@favadi.com> writes:
>
> > I get this error: "Error in post-command-hook: (void-variable
> > org-ans1)" every time I want to use schedule or deadline. After
> > that, the error message appear with any command. After some
> > minutes, this error message disappear and I can use anny command as
> > expected.
> >
> > This problem happens with both the version ship with emacs 23.3 or
> > latest version (7.7).
> >
> > This is my .emacs config.
> >
> > http://pastebin.com/sQaTYJCR
> >
> > C-h v post-command-hook before the problem appear:
> >
> > post-command-hook is a variable defined in `C source code'.
> > Its value is
> > (linum-update-current ac-handle-post-command
> > autopair-post-command-handler t)
> >
> > Local in buffer .emacs; global value is
> > (global-font-lock-mode-check-buffers global-linum-mode-check-buffers
> > global-auto-complete-mode-check-buffers
> > autopair-global-mode-check-buffers yas/global-mode-check-buffers
> > global-hl-line-highlight)
>
> Have you tried disabling or reducing these modes? One of them or a
> combination is responsible for the error you get.
>
> Regards, Olaf

Got it.
Disable linum-mode solve this problem.
Update to the latest version of linum-mode, the error is still appear.

How this can be? I think linum-mode is very popular.

--

PHẠM Văn Điệp

* Re: Error in post-command-hook: (void-variable org-ans1)
@ 2011-09-15 12:07     ` Olaf Dietsche
From: Olaf Dietsche @ 2011-09-15 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diep Pham Van; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Diep Pham Van <imeo@favadi.com> writes:

> On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:04:30 +0200
> Olaf Dietsche <olaf+list.orgmode@olafdietsche.de> wrote:
>
>> Have you tried disabling or reducing these modes? One of them or a
>> combination is responsible for the error you get.
>>
>> Regards, Olaf
>
> Got it.
> Disable linum-mode solve this problem.
> Update to the latest version of linum-mode, the error is still appear.
>
> How this can be? I think linum-mode is very popular.

I don't know, since I don't use it myself. It could be a combination of
linum-mode and some other.

Regards, Olaf

* Re: Error in post-command-hook: (void-variable org-ans1)
@ 2011-09-15 12:37       ` Diep Pham Van
From: Diep Pham Van @ 2011-09-15 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olaf Dietsche; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:07:57 +0200
Olaf Dietsche <olaf+list.orgmode@olafdietsche.de> wrote:

> Diep Pham Van <imeo@favadi.com> writes:
>
> > On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:04:30 +0200
> > Olaf Dietsche <olaf+list.orgmode@olafdietsche.de> wrote:
> >
> >> Have you tried disabling or reducing these modes? One of them or a
> >> combination is responsible for the error you get.
> >>
> >> Regards, Olaf
> >
> > Got it.
> > Disable linum-mode solve this problem.
> > Update to the latest version of linum-mode, the error is still
> > appear.
> >
> > How this can be? I think linum-mode is very popular.
>
> I don't know, since I don't use it myself. It could be a combination
> of linum-mode and some other.
>
> Regards, Olaf

So install linum-off.el solve this problem.
Anyone else use linum-mode with org-mode?

--

@ 2011-09-15 14:42         ` brian powell
From: brian powell @ 2011-09-15 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diep Pham Van; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

*Could do this work-around:

nl file_you_will_edit.org | cut -f 1 > line_numbers

*Open the file_you_will_edit.org and do:

Mx split-window-horizontally

*Put the line_numbers in the left-hand-side buffer!

;-)

P.S. I put the line number and column number on the modeline:
http://www.gnu.org/s/libtool/manual/emacs/Mode-Line.html

@ 2011-09-15 14:53           ` Diep Pham Van
From: Diep Pham Van @ 2011-09-15 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: brian powell; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:42:07 -0400
brian powell <briangpowellms@gmail.com> wrote:

> *Could do this work-around:
>
> nl file_you_will_edit.org | cut -f 1 > line_numbers
>
> *Open the file_you_will_edit.org and do:
>
> Mx split-window-horizontally
>
> *Put the line_numbers in the left-hand-side buffer!
>
> ;-)
>

> P.S. I put the line number and column number on the modeline:
> http://www.gnu.org/s/libtool/manual/emacs/Mode-Line.html
>

> On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 8:37 AM, Diep Pham Van <imeo@favadi.com>
> wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:07:57 +0200
> > Olaf Dietsche <olaf+list.orgmode@olafdietsche.de> wrote:

> >> I don't know, since I don't use it myself. It could be a
> >> combination of linum-mode and some other.
> >>
> >> Regards, Olaf
> >
> > So install linum-off.el solve this problem.
> > Anyone else use linum-mode with org-mode?
> >
> > --
> >
> > PHẠM Văn Điệp
> >
> > h  : http://favadi.com
> > e  : imeo@favadi.com
> > e2 : favadi.ak44@gmail.com
> > m  : +84 339 841
> >
> > p  : Information system and communication technology
> > u  : Hanoi University of Science and Technology (PFIEV - Programme
> > de Formation d’Ingénieurs d’Excellence au Vietnam)
> >
> > k  : h = home, e = email, e2 = second_email, m = mobile, p =
> > professional, u = university, k = key

I don't really need line number while using org-mode. Turn them off for
org seem to be a better idea.
Tks.