* Block conventions
@ 2011-01-04 19:05 Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2011-01-04 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode ml

Orgsters,

I was wondering whether it is common practice to indicate source code
blocks with capital letters, as in

#+BEGIN_SRC text
Example source block
#+END_SRC

while indicating special blocks with lower-case, as in

#+begin_latex
This is \LaTeX.
#+end_latex

They both work (I think). But, I can't decide which one looks better
to my eye. What are your thoughts?

--
Jeffrey Horn
http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/

* Re: Block conventions
@ 2011-01-04 19:19 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-01-04 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Horn; +Cc: Org-mode ml

On Jan 4, 2011, at 8:05 PM, Jeff Horn wrote:

> Orgsters,
>
> I was wondering whether it is common practice to indicate source code
> blocks with capital letters, as in
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC text
> Example source block
> #+END_SRC
>
> while indicating special blocks with lower-case, as in
>
> #+begin_latex
> This is \LaTeX.
> #+end_latex
>
> They both work (I think). But, I can't decide which one looks better
> to my eye. What are your thoughts?

I think the lower-case versions look much better and I
have often cursed myself for starting out with these
upper-case ones.  The upper-case ones did make sense
without special fontification - but now they look like
FORTRAN 77.

:)

- Carsten

@ 2011-01-04 19:37 ` Juan Pechiar
From: Juan Pechiar @ 2011-01-04 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Horn; +Cc: Org-mode ml

The keyboard shortcuts produce lowercase text (e.g. typing <e[TAB] for
a begin_example).

It's not my personal preference, though.

Regards,
.j.