* Private flag or property
@ 2011-10-20 19:36 Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2011-10-20 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

I am still in the process of converting (lots!) of old data into
Org-mode format.

I stumbled over a private-flag PalmOS datebook used to maintain.

Is there a *common* way of expressing a private flag/property yet?

Or is there no pseudo-standard and I should stick to my «:PRIVATE:
True» property I am thinking of? (Is there a necessity for the
«True» string in my example (property without value)?

--
Karl Voit

* Re: Private flag or property
@ 2011-10-21 16:12 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-10-21 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: news1142; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I am still in the process of converting (lots!) of old data into
> Org-mode format.
>
> I stumbled over a private-flag PalmOS datebook used to maintain.
>
> Is there a *common* way of expressing a private flag/property yet?

Not that I know of.

> Or is there no pseudo-standard and I should stick to my «:PRIVATE:
> True» property I am thinking of? (Is there a necessity for the
> «True» string in my example (property without value)?

The question is what or how you want to use this flag?  For truly
private entries, I use encryption, with the :crypt: tag.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.90.1
: using Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.408.g7caa7)

* Re: Private flag or property
@ 2011-10-21 22:05   ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2011-10-21 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Eric!

* Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>
>> Is there a *common* way of expressing a private flag/property yet?
>
> Not that I know of.

OK.

>> Or is there no pseudo-standard and I should stick to my «:PRIVATE:
>> True» property I am thinking of? (Is there a necessity for the
>> «True» string in my example (property without value)?
>
> The question is what or how you want to use this flag?  For truly
> private entries, I use encryption, with the :crypt: tag.

I know about the :crypt: tag. Very cool stuff, btw.

For now I am not planning to use the private flag at all. I just
maintained *lots* of data with this private flag information and I
do not want to delete it when converting old PalmOS/jPilot datebook
data to Org-mode files.

--
Karl Voit