* Counters and percentage are visible in refile targets, is that configurable?
@ 2010-08-19 11:57 Marcel van der Boom
From: Marcel van der Boom @ 2010-08-19 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have a question about constructs like this:

* TODO item to be refiled, say in Subproject
* Project description             [10/234]
  [...]
** Subproject description           [1/25]
   [...]

When I want to refile the TODO item the path in the emacs modeline
contains the counters (or the percentage, if applicable).

This makes the filing sometime a bit hard, especially with the spaces
between the header text and the counter start.

Is this something I can change? For me the counters are not part
of the header conceptually.

marcel

--
Marcel van der Boom  -- http://hsdev.com/mvdb.vcf
HS-Development BV    -- http://www.hsdev.com

* Re: Counters and percentage are visible in refile targets, is that configurable?
@ 2010-09-02 23:48 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2010-09-02 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel van der Boom; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Marcel van der Boom <marcel@hsdev.com> writes:

> I have a question about constructs like this:
>
> * TODO item to be refiled, say in Subproject
> * Project description             [10/234]
>   [...]
> ** Subproject description           [1/25]
>    [...]
>
> When I want to refile the TODO item the path in the emacs modeline
> contains the counters (or the percentage, if applicable).
>
> This makes the filing sometime a bit hard, especially with the spaces
> between the header text and the counter start.
>
> Is this something I can change? For me the counters are not part of
> the header conceptually.

Yes, I also think so.  I just pushed a change to get rid of [/] cookies
in targets.

HTH

--
 Bastien

* Re: Counters and percentage are visible in refile targets, is that configurable?
@ 2010-09-03  8:27   ` Marcel van der Boom
From: Marcel van der Boom @ 2010-09-03  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On vr 03-sep-2010 01:48
Bastien <bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr> wrote:

>Yes, I also think so.  I just pushed a change to get rid of [/] cookies
>in targets.

Cool, works like a charm. Any particular reason you did not do the
'[%]'-cookies?

marcel

--

@ 2010-09-03  8:43     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2010-09-03  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel van der Boom; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Marcel van der Boom <marcel@hsdev.com> writes:

> Cool, works like a charm. Any particular reason you did not do the
> '[%]'-cookies?

None.  It does now, thanks.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Counters and percentage are visible in refile targets, is that configurable?
@ 2010-09-03  9:23       ` Marcel van der Boom
From: Marcel van der Boom @ 2010-09-03  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On vr 03-sep-2010 10:43
Bastien <bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr> wrote:

>Marcel van der Boom <marcel@hsdev.com> writes:
>
>> Cool, works like a charm. Any particular reason you did not do the
>> '[%]'-cookies?
>
>None.  It does now, thanks.

Wow, fast service. ;-) Would it be beneficial for others too, to split
the matching on [/] and [%] style cookies so control freaks
like me which have both the counter and percentage style  cookies on
large projects (* PROJECT [23/1345] [2%] )

marcel

--

@ 2010-09-03 13:11         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2010-09-03 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel van der Boom; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Marcel van der Boom <marcel@hsdev.com> writes:

> Wow, fast service. ;-) Would it be beneficial for others too, to split
> the matching on [/] and [%] style cookies so control freaks
> like me which have both the counter and percentage style  cookies on
> large projects (* PROJECT [23/1345] [2%] )

It does so now, thanks for the suggestion.

However, building refile targets might take some time on big org files.

So any change like this one is likely to introduce a small delay in the
process of building refile targets...  I tested a bit and it looks fine
for this change, but if anyone notices unreasonable delays after this
commit, please ping the list.

--
 Bastien