* orgmode html export uses wrong browser
@ 2010-07-21  6:18 Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2010-07-21  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

From org, when I export an org buffer to html and open in browser
(using C-c C-e b), it opens epiphany web browser. On the other, if I
open a url from within orgmode, the urls are opened in firefox. How
can I change the browser that is used for viewing the exported html
files?

I am using debian sid, emacs23 and org 7.01.

Thanks,

Vikas

* Re: orgmode html export uses wrong browser
@ 2010-07-21  9:24 ` Noorul Islam K M
From: Noorul Islam K M @ 2010-07-21  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vikas Rawal; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Vikas Rawal <vikaslists@agrarianresearch.org> writes:

> From org, when I export an org buffer to html and open in browser
> (using C-c C-e b), it opens epiphany web browser. On the other, if I
> open a url from within orgmode, the urls are opened in firefox. How
> can I change the browser that is used for viewing the exported html
> files?
>
> I am using debian sid, emacs23 and org 7.01.

I am using Debian Lenny, Emacs 23 and Org 7.01 and I have the following
in my .emacs

(setq browse-url-browser-function (quote browse-url-generic))
(setq browse-url-generic-program "google-chrome")

For me, following your exact steps, opens google-chrome.

Thanks and Regards
Noorul

* Re: orgmode html export uses wrong browser
@ 2010-07-21 15:25   ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2010-07-21 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noorul Islam K M; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> I am using Debian Lenny, Emacs 23 and Org 7.01 and I have the following
> in my .emacs
>
> (setq browse-url-browser-function (quote browse-url-generic))
> (setq browse-url-generic-program "google-chrome")

The problem, somehow, had to do with the default gnome browser.

Changed it to firefox with

update-alternatives --config gnome-www-browser

And then orgmode export users firefox.

But if I want to use conkeror as gnome-www-browser, I
can't. update-alternatives does not give conkeror as an
option. Manually creating the link does not help either.

@ 2010-07-21 16:00     ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2010-07-21 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noorul Islam K M; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> But if I want to use conkeror as gnome-www-browser, I
> can't. update-alternatives does not give conkeror as an
> option. Manually creating the link does not help either.

Sorry, I need to correct myself. Manually creating the link does work.

Conkeror is now the default browser.

Vikas