* clocktable display format
@ 2010-03-26 16:31 Olivier Schwander
From: Olivier Schwander @ 2010-03-26 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I am using clocktable to display a summary of the effort in a subtree.
As I am not particularly interested in precise hourly details, I would
like to display the total time in days instead of hours.

Now I have:
| L | Headline              | Time     |        |
|---+-----------------------+----------+--------|
|   | *Total time*          | *528:00* |        |

and I would like:
| L | Headline              | Time     |        |
|---+-----------------------+----------+--------|
|   | *Total time*          | *22*     |        |

I tried to add a formula in the table, but it doesn't work since the
fields are in the format hour:minute. I suppose I could use org-babel to
parse the content of the field and convert it into days but it seems
rather complicated and I would be happy with a simple solution. Any
ideas ?

Thanks,

Olivier

* Re: clocktable display format
@ 2010-03-26 22:18 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-03-26 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olivier Schwander; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 26, 2010, at 5:31 PM, Olivier Schwander wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using clocktable to display a summary of the effort in a subtree.
> As I am not particularly interested in precise hourly details, I would
> like to display the total time in days instead of hours.
>
> Now I have:
> | L | Headline              | Time     |        |
> |---+-----------------------+----------+--------|
> |   | *Total time*          | *528:00* |        |
>
> and I would like:
> | L | Headline              | Time     |        |
> |---+-----------------------+----------+--------|
> |   | *Total time*          | *22*     |        |
>
> I tried to add a formula in the table, but it doesn't work since the
> fields are in the format hour:minute. I suppose I could use org-
> babel to
> parse the content of the field and convert it into days but it seems
> rather complicated and I would be happy with a simple solution. Any
> ideas ?

That is not straight forward - and I also do not think it would be so
useful.  Do you want 8 hour days or 24 hour days, for example?

- Carsten

* Re: clocktable display format
@ 2010-03-29 10:21 ` Olivier Schwander
From: Olivier Schwander @ 2010-03-29 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Le 26 Mar 2010 17:31, Olivier Schwander a écrit:
> Hello,
>
> I am using clocktable to display a summary of the effort in a subtree.
> As I am not particularly interested in precise hourly details, I would
> like to display the total time in days instead of hours.
>
> Now I have:
> | L | Headline              | Time     |        |
> |---+-----------------------+----------+--------|
> |   | *Total time*          | *528:00* |        |
>
> and I would like:
> | L | Headline              | Time     |        |
> |---+-----------------------+----------+--------|
> |   | *Total time*          | *22*     |        |
>
> I tried to add a formula in the table, but it doesn't work since the
> fields are in the format hour:minute. I suppose I could use org-babel to
> parse the content of the field and convert it into days but it seems
> rather complicated and I would be happy with a simple solution. Any
> ideas ?

I am replying to myself in order to explain my solution. As it does not
seem to be possible to change the display format, I simply added an
elisp formula in the table (thanks to Carsten who suggested not to use
babel). The difficulty was to parse the content of the field since it's
not a number but a string with a colon in the middle.

#+BEGIN: clocktable :maxlevel 2 :scope subtree
Clock summary at [2010-03-26 ven. 17:56]

| L | Headline              | Time     |           |
|---+-----------------------+----------+-----------|
|   | *Total time*          | *528:00* | *22 days* |
|---+-----------------------+----------+-----------|
| 1 | All                   | 528:00   |           |
| 2 | Event A               |          |     72:00 |
| 2 | Event B               |          |     96:00 |
| 2 | Event C               |          |    120:00 |
| 2 | Event D               |          |    120:00 |
| 2 | Event E               |          |    120:00 |
#+TBLFM: @2$4='(concat "*" (number-to-string (/ (string-to-number (if (string-match "\\(.+\\):.+" @3$3) (match-string 1 @3$3))) 24)) " days*")
#+END:

Notice that the formula is kept when updating the clocktable, so it's
very easy to use.

I really needed this since I had to know the number of days spent to
theses events (the duration of a trip is naturally in days, not in
hours). I am not sure if this tips has a real interest for work, but I
can add it if you ask.

Cheers,

Olivier