* #+BEGIN_... blocks in lists
@ 2009-11-25  2:07 Peter Danenberg
From: Peter Danenberg @ 2009-11-25  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'd like to be able to do something like the following:

  - item 1
    - item 1.1
      #+BEGIN_SRC lang
      code
      #+END_SRC
    - item 1.2

but the source blocks are interpreted as text despite section 2.7 of
the manual, which says:

  Since indentation is what governs the structure of these lists, many
  structural constructs like #+BEGIN_... blocks can be indented to
  signal that they should be part of a list item.

I'm therefore forced to do something like the following:

  - item 1
    - item 1.1
  #+BEGIN_SRC lang
  code
  #+END_SRC
  - item 1

which effectively terminates the list in the middle.

Is it possible to embed #+BEGIN_... blocks in a list?

* Re: #+BEGIN_... blocks in lists
@ 2009-11-25  6:19 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-11-25  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Danenberg; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Peter,

looks like you are reading the manual of a recent version
of Org-mode, while using an older version.  What does

   M-x org-version

say?

- Carsten

@ 2009-11-25  7:03   ` Peter Danenberg
From: Peter Danenberg @ 2009-11-25  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks, Carsten; that occurred to me, too. It's too bad I didn't put
it to the empirical test:

  Org-mode version 6.21b

Quoth Carsten Dominik on Prickle-Prickle, the 37th of The Aftermath: