* update org mode on aquamacs
@ 2008-07-21 18:14 charles snyder
From: charles snyder @ 2008-07-21 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I am a relatively new emacs user, and have been using org mode on aquamacs
(10.5 OSX). Even the 'latest' aquamacs has an old 4.x version of org mode. I
downloaded the latest org mode zip as well as the install shell script, but
can't figure out where the old org mode files are in aquamacs (after
exploring the entire aquamacs package directory), and therefore can't
install the latest org mode version.

Anyone have 'unbelievably_basic-mode' instructions on how to accomplish
this?

TIA

clsnyder

* Re: update org mode on aquamacs
@ 2008-07-21 21:55 ` Mike Newman
From: Mike Newman @ 2008-07-21 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:14:24 -0500
"charles snyder" <clsnyder@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am a relatively new emacs user, and have been using org mode on
> aquamacs (10.5 OSX). Even the 'latest' aquamacs has an old 4.x
> version of org mode. I downloaded the latest org mode zip as well as
> the install shell script, but can't figure out where the old org mode
> files are in aquamacs (after exploring the entire aquamacs package
> directory), and therefore can't install the latest org mode version.
>
> Anyone have 'unbelievably_basic-mode' instructions on how to
> accomplish this?
>
> TIA
>
> clsnyder

I know very little about Macs, but hope the following helps:

C-h f org-mode (gets you function help for org-mode)
then click on the highlighted "org" link to open org.el.

You file that this buffer is visiting e.g. by C-x C-b

--
Mike