* can't make org-publish do anything
@ 2008-07-04 19:34 Dan Davison
       [not found] ` <486E9E80.9020004@gmx.de>
From: Dan Davison @ 2008-07-04 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to get going with org-publish, but am falling at the first hurdle. I can't get it to do anything...

C-h v shows that org-publish-projects-alist has the value

(("website" :base-directory "~/website/" :publishing-directory "~/pub_html/website/" :section-numbers nil :table-of-contents nil))

The directory ~/website exists and contains a trivial org syntax file called root.org ('* hello' followed by a newline)

The directory ~/pub_html/website exists.

I was expecting org-publish website, and C-c C-e X website (incidentally the X is erroneously down as a C in the documentation node 13.3) to result in a file called root.html being written to ~/pub_html/website, but that directory remains empty, despite repeated invocations of the same commands...

I know I'm being stupid... how, please?

Cheers,

Dan

Org-mode version 6.06pre01

I've tried with and without the trailing slashes on the base/publishing-directory values, the documentation shows trailing slashes
I've tried manually expanding ~, to no avail. (But I believe ~ should be fine as it is)