* replacing from overviews
@ 2007-05-23  9:15 Kevin Brubeck Unhammer
From: Kevin Brubeck Unhammer @ 2007-05-23  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
I like search-and-replace. When replacing in an org-mode file, I always
have to expand the file fully first, since there is no fancy on-the-fly
expansion (the way there is with i-searches). Is this a planned feature?
It'd be mighty handy...

--
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

* Re: replacing from overviews
@ 2007-05-23 14:18 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-05-23 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Brubeck Unhammer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I agree that this feature would be good to have - but that should be a
feature request to the Emacs people - the same problem occurs in any
mode that uses invisibility properties.  Please submit your request in
the emacs mailing lists.

- Carsten

On May 23, 2007, at 11:15, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote:

> Hi,
> I like search-and-replace. When replacing in an org-mode file, I
> always have to expand the file fully first, since there is no fancy
> on-the-fly expansion (the way there is with i-searches). Is this a
> planned feature? It'd be mighty handy...
>
> --
> Kevin Brubeck Unhammer
>
> Sendt med Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram:
> http://www.opera.com/mail/

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: replacing from overviews
@ 2007-05-23 22:37 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2007-05-23 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Brubeck Unhammer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

   Hi,
   I like search-and-replace. When replacing in an org-mode file, I always
   have to expand the file fully first, since there is no fancy on-the-fly
   expansion (the way there is with i-searches). Is this a planned feature?
   It'd be mighty handy...

+1 but as Carsten said, this is something that needs to be
implemented in the GNU Emacs side.

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org