* Re: Non-stop capture?
@ 2011-04-07 18:53 ` Marc-Oliver Ihm
From: Marc-Oliver Ihm @ 2011-04-07 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: throaway; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Am 07.04.2011 21:40, schrieb Mark S:
> Hello!
>
> I have the emacs org-protocol setup to capture with a default template.
> But I still have to C-c C-c and then move back to the browser. Is there
> a way to make it so that as text is captured it is automatically and
> continuously sent to the capture location without interruption?
>
> Thanks!
> Mark

Hello,

Not sure, if I understand correctly.
As far as I know, capture does not set up a seperate buffer (at least
with recent versions of org). What you see, is just the destination
buffer narrowed down to a single entry. Therefore your input is never
sent to the destination buffer, because you already type it there ...

regards, Marc-Oliver Ihm

* Re: Non-stop capture?
@ 2011-04-07 18:54 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-04-07 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: throaway; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

,----[ C-h v org-capture-templates RET ]

`----

> Thanks!
> Mark

* Re: Non-stop capture?
@ 2011-04-07 19:16   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-04-07 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> "Mark S" <throaway@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I have the emacs org-protocol setup to capture with a default
>> template. But I still have to C-c C-c and then move back to the
>> browser. Is there a way to make it so that as text is captured it is
>> automatically and continuously sent to the capture location without
>> interruption?
>
> ,----[ C-h v org-capture-templates RET ]
> | org-capture-templates is a variable defined in `org-capture.el'.
> | Its value is shown below.
> |
> | Documentation:
> | Templates for the creation of new entries.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | Each entry is a list with the following items:
> |
> |  :immediate-finish   When set, do not offer to edit the information, just
> |                      file it away immediately.  This makes sense if the
> |                      template only needs information that can be added
> |                      automatically.
> | [...]
> `----

Isnt that for "capturing" things like clipboard text?

* Non-stop capture?
@ 2011-04-07 19:40 Mark S
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Mark S @ 2011-04-07 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

@ 2011-04-07 22:01 ` Mark S
From: Mark S @ 2011-04-07 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Jambunathan,

Thanks for pointing out :immediate-finish ! That had eluded my attention.

With :immediate-finish setting, org-mode still grabs the focus away from
the browser. So I still have to alt-tab back to the browser. I would
really like an uninterrupted web-clipping experience. Also, there is a
strange message in the emacs status line on the bottom:

    Org-mode not loaded.

I don't get this, since clearly org-mode *is* loaded.

Thanks!
Mark

Note: Using capture with win xp, Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600),
org-mode 7.5, and Opera 11.01

> > I have the emacs org-protocol setup to capture with a
> default
> > template. But I still have to C-c C-c and then move
> back to the
> > browser. Is there a way to make it so that as text is
> captured it is
> > automatically and continuously sent to the capture
> location without
> > interruption?
>,----[ C-h v org-capture-templates RET ]
> | org-capture-templates is a variable defined in
> `org-capture.el'.
> | Its value is shown below.
> || Documentation:
> | Templates for the creation of new entries.
> |
> | [...]|
> | Each entry is a list with the following items:
> ||  :immediate-finish   When set, do not
> offer to edit the information, just
> |                    file it away immediately.  This
> makes sense if the
> |                    template only needs information that
> can be added
> |                    automatically.
> | [...]
> `----
>>
> > Thanks!
> > Mark
> >

>--

* Re: Re: Non-stop capture?
@ 2011-04-08 16:19   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-04-08 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: throaway; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Mark,

"Mark S" <throaway@yahoo.com> writes:

> Also, there is a strange message in the emacs status line on the
> bottom:
>
>    Org-mode not loaded.
>
> I don't get this, since clearly org-mode *is* loaded.

This message is indeed misleading.   I changed it to "Item captured" (or
"remembered" when the user is still using remember.)

 Bastien